F i v e

Selena's POV

The light coming through my window interrupted my sleep. I groaned and pulled the soft blanket over my head.
Five minutes later, the alarm went off.
"Ugh stop!" I groaned louder.
I reached over to my night stand and moved around my finger trying to find my phone. After a few tries, I finally found it and turned off the alarm.

-

*Hi this is Selena. I'm either at work or on the phone, so please leave your name and number along with a short message and I'll be sure to get back to you.*

"Hi Selena, it's me. Uh I uh... I wanted to talk to you about last night and uh...-"

I slowly opened my eyes as soon as I heard a voice coming from the living room. I felt relaxed and confused at the same time.
I yawned and looked around then widened my eyes when I realized whose voice it was. I jumped off my bed and ran over to the living room, tripping over a pair of high heels, causing me to curse in every langue possible.

"...Just call me back please" I heard the last few words.
"No no no no ugh damn!" I cried out angrily because I had just missed Justin's call. If I hadn't fallen asleep I would've heard the phone and we could've talked or even met.

I picked up the phone and dialed the number to hear the voicemail.
I remained silent.
"Hi Selena, it's me. Uh I uh... I wanted to talk to you about last night and uh... You know I'm sorry, I really am and I need to talk to you as soon as possible, please don't ignore me. I know I made a mistake, I'm always messing up but I'm also learning from my bad actions. Just call me back please."
That was sweet, I thought.
He sounded honest and I felt like he regretted kissing that girl, but I wasn't sure if I could trust him again. I wanted and missed him but I needed to protect my own self as well. I didn't want to depend on him and forgive him whenever he asked me to. I needed to be stronger and braver.

-

After I got dressed and put makeup on, I dialed his number, not knowing what to expect from him.
I was nervous.
Pick up the phone, please pick up the phone, I kept repeating to myself.
"Hello?" my heart jumped as soon as I heard his voice.
"Hi, it's Selena. I got your message so I thought I'd call you back" I said.
"Can you meet me like... now?"
"I'd love to but uh... I need to clean the house and to go to the grocery shop. Maybe tom-"
"Can I come over then?" he interrupted me.
"Ok yeah sure" I said, trying not to show too much interest. I didn't want him to know I was literally dying to see him.
"Aight, be there in 10" he said, then hung up before I could say anything.

Justin would be coming over in 10 minutes and I was anxious to see him. I wanted to feel his perfume all over me and feel his skin against mine. I wanted to see his smile and stare into his hazel eyes. I was hoping he would apologize and tell me he loved me as much as I loved him.
I hated myself for not being mad at him.

-

I heard the doorbell ring.
I jumped off the couch and ran over to the door. Before opening, I checked myself out on the mirror just to make sure I looked good.

My heart was beating fast as I opened the door.
"Hi Justin, come in" I said smiling.
"Hey Sel" he said smiling back.
"Are you hungry? Do you want anything to drink?" I asked politely.
"Uh, no I'm fine thanks" he sounded very serious.
I looked at him with curious eyes.
I didn't know what he was gonna say and I was scared he would break my heart again.
Suddenly I regretted calling him back and not following Taylor's advice but, at the same time, I wanted to find out why he kissed that girl and if he felt anything for me.
I sat down and waited for him to speak.