Chapter 2

I started back to my room. Enjoying the views that I had seen many times. The sun that was clearly up in the sky today was shining down on the garden. The roses were in full bloom. To be a little cliche, I stopped and went down a few stairs to smell the roses. I soon realized this was a mistake.

"Hello Celia," I turned around sharply at the sound of my name, "How are you?" Before I had a chance to answer, the lad continued, "I am hoping to see you at the dance tonight and hoping you will save me a dance." It was Charles. To some he was quite charming and had taken fancy to me when we were younger. I just found him cocky, way too confident. He wasn't ugly, but I was not attracted to him like the others.

"Good day Charles. We shall have to see about that dance. I bet others would like their chance with you, also."

"I also bet that others would like their chance to dance with such a fine lady like yourself, too."

Oh you flatter me," honestly I just wanted him to leave.  

He came down the steps. If it had been with someone else, this would be very romantic. The rose garden, the sun up in the sky shining on us. But with him I didn't feel anything.

"It is not flattery, but the truth. Just remember not to wait for me all night. I am guessing I shall be busy with others, too."

"I would love to talk more, but I must get back to my room to prepare for tonight. It was lovely talking to you. I shall see you later at the dance."

"Until then, Celia," he grabbed my hand and lightly kissed it. I curtsied and walked back to my room.

This time I made sure to watch out for anyone because I was already late.  

I saw Noah walking down the hall and quickly darted behind one of the large pillars. I looked to my left and thankfully this was the pillar with the stranded hallway next to it. It took a little longer to get to my room through it but I could run without worrying about running into anyone.  

I reached the other end of the dark hallway and quickly scurried across the hallway I was walking on earlier to my room.

I shut my door and quickly sat down.  

I heard a quiet knock on my door and then the door was opened. A few woman came in. One with my dress and some needles and things, another there for hair and makeup, and the last lady to help with whatever was needed.

"Hello Margaret, Emily, and Lydia. Ready?"

"We are Celia. But the better question is, are you?" Margaret asked. She had always been one of the maids here as long as I could remember. She was the eldest and knew every square inch of the castle. Emily and Lydia were younger and newer. They had been around for about a year now.

"Doesn't matter if I'm ready or not. This will get done no matter what." I got up and stood in front of the mirror.

Margaret started by putting the dress on. As soon as it was on, Emily started tugging at my hair. Lydia would get anything they needed and tug at my dress a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok we're all done with a record time," Emily said. She was starting to warm up to me, but Lydia was still quiet so she normally didn't say anything.

"Thank you very much everyone," Emily and Lydia exited, but I quickly grabbed Margaret, "Where do I enter the dance?"

She chuckled, "At the front entrance Ballroom 1."

"Ok thanks again. Thats all I needed."  

She exited and closed the door behind her knowing I might change a few things after they left.