Chapter 3

"Happy birthday to you!" Everyone chimed the last note of the song.

"Thank you everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful night. Enjoy yourselves." I said as quick and polite as I could.

"Ok everyone, cake is over there." My mother instructed everyone and headed over to the cake herself.

"Happy birthday Celia!" The king brought me into one of his bear hugs. His hugs could make you feel good no matter what you were feeling like, "My wife got you something, but unfortunately could not be here to present it to you. So here it is."

He handed me a very large box covered in red with gold ribbon wrapped around it. I grabbed the ribbon and pulled it off the box, like putting a key into the lock on a treasure chest. I opened it and pulled out a beautiful gown. It was cream with a golden hem. The sleeves went down to my elbows with chiffon coming out at the ends.

The king leaned close to my ear and whispered, "How about we leave this fancy-schmancy ball and go try this on?"

I grinned and he knew what that meant. I grabbed the box and he quickly ran to the doors with me close behind. When we exited the doors, we heard a click clack behind us, "Celia? Celia? Where did you go?"

Caspian, the King, or Uncle Caspian to me, put his fingers to his lips and pointed to a pillar. (Do you see where I get my hiding places from?) We started lightly jogging, but my heels echoed in the silence of the halls.

"Was that you Celia?" I heard my mother say from inside the ballroom.

Uncle Caspian looked at me mischievously which I returned with a confused look. He grabbed me at my waist and slung me over his shoulder. He cupped his hand over mouth and ran to the pillar.

My mother came out into the hallway and looked around. Then a crash came from inside and my mother huffed back into the ballroom.

Uncle Caspian took his hand off my mouth but didn't put me down. He continued running down the hallways towards my room.

We got to my room and he put me down in front of my door.

"Why didn't you fight?" He asked.

"Because I knew it wouldn't do anything. You wouldn't have put me down, instead you would have probably ran farther."

"Your no fun when your smart," He smiled and pulled me into a hug. Like I said before, the best hugs ever, "You grew up too fast."

We looked at each other for a little while. He smiled as a single tear drop left his eye and went down his cheek. He grabbed me into another hug, longer than the last.

"I love you uncle."

We separated and he looked down at me with his warm, brown eyes.

"Now go try on that beautiful dress."

I opened the door and walked into my room. Before I put the dress on, I admired it once more in the mirror before I took off my big dress and put on the new one. It was so much looser and so much more comfortable.

I walked out like a model.

He hugged me then pushed me out to look at me with hid hands on my shoulders, "Beautiful. Is there anyone you would like to show this off to?"

"Not really. I saw a few "people" tonight, but we'll see."

"Ok, just be careful please."

"I will Uncle."