Chapter Twenty One

Riley's POV

I saw Brooke from across the hallway. The look on her face was, unexplainable.

She looked embarrassed, yet disgusted. Brooke only looked at me once before walking away, grabbing every picture off the lockers as she passed.

Tiffany came from behind me, purposely walking into my shoulder.

"I knew Brooke was a lesbian. But I'm surprised she went for Riley. She could do SO much better."

Right then I knew it was her who put all of the pictures up. I was furious. I grabbed her shoulders and pushed her up against the closest locker.

A Yelp came from her throat. I looked into her eyes and for a split second I saw the horror in her eyes, but it quickly turned into amusement.

"Speak of the devil. So how's your little girlfriend doing?"

"Tiffany. Take all of these pictures down or I'm going to beat your ass until you do." I was almost screaming at the top of my lungs.

"You won't do shit." Is she wanting to test me? I lift up my arm, and punch the locker next to her, hard enough to scare her, but not hard enough to break anything.

Tiffany once again jumped. I felt arms pulling me away from her, and teachers yelling into my ear. She got lucky they stopped me.

I got sent up to the front office to talk to the principal. What happened next was boring details. 'If I threat another student again I'll get suspended' yada yada yada.

They of course called my father. He'll want to talk to me when I get home. For now, that was the least of my worries. I wanted to find Brooke.

I skipped a couple classes because I really didn't feel like being stared at, and hearing whispers all around me, so I took the time to try and find Brooke.

I checked the parking lot first, to see if she was even still at the school. I'm glad I checked there first because her car wasn't where she usually parked.

She must have left soon after walking away from me. I hopped into my car and sped off to her house, hoping she was there.

My luck was starting to change. Her beat up car was in the drive way.

I parked by the curb, left my backpack in my car, and jogged to the front door.

Slamming the side of my fist on the door, I started yelling her name.

"Brooke! Open the door! I know you're here, your cars in the driveway."

"Leave Riley, I don't want to see you."  Ouch.

"I'm not leaving until you open the door."

I heard a loud sigh, then the sound of the door unlocking.

Her eyes were puffy and her face red.

"What do you want." I wasted no time talking, hoping she didn't shut the door in my face.

"I wanted to see if you're okay."

"Yeah Riley I'm totally okay." She spoke sarcastically.

"The whole school knows I like girls now. My mom is gonna find out now too. Everyone is gonna be talking about it. You said no one was in the hallway!"

"I checked! No one was! I know who did it though."

"I don't care who did it Riley. It's too late. Everyone probably thinks I'm weird or hates me."

"You're over exaggerating. Who cares if you like girls. Who cares if we kissed. Or if we are dating or not."

"We aren't dating, Riley." She softly said, almost to the point where I couldn't hear.

I had to take a second to comprehend that. I thought we were? We acted like we were.

"What are you saying. You don't want to be with me? Because of what other people think? That's low Brooke, especially for you."

"Just leave Riley." She wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"Look into my eyes and tell me you don't want to see me again." Her eyes slowly rose to look into mine.

"I don't want to see you again." Her voice broke when she spoke.

My heart felt like it was torn in half. I just wanted to fall to the ground then and there.

I didn't say anything. I turned around and walked away from her, not once looking back. I didn't expect her to actually say it.

It took all of me to keep myself together. I wanted to look back, but I wouldn't let her win.

I got into my car and glanced toward her front door, she still stood in the doorway. I turned my keys to turn the car on.

Without looking back, I sped away.

I didn't bother going back to school. I wasn't in the mood either. I wanted to lay in my bed, I wanted to cry. But I wouldn't.

Brooke was not going to make me lose myself again. I don't know what to do now. She was so important to me, I thought I was important to her, but I guess I was wrong.

I saw my dads car in one of the parking spots. Great. I have to deal with him now too.

Just as I expected, he was waiting for me at the door.

He didn't give me time to speak. "I thought you weren't going to fight anymore. What happened?" I could tell he was trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Someone just made me mad."

"I know everything that happened. Did she say something about the pictures? About Brooke?"

"Yes dad, I really don't want to talk about Brooke right now. Just ground me, I'll try not to do it again."

"You'll do more than just 'trying'. But I'm not going to ground you. There's no point. And back to Brooke, did something happen after she saw the pictures everywhere?"

"Yes... She left school. So did I, but you obviously already know that. I went looking for her. Long story short, she never wants to see me again."

"Oh Riley. When women say that, they don't mean it. Don't you know anything? Your mom said that once too. And look what ended up happening. We got married. You can't just stop trying. You have to understand that she's scared. I know you don't care who knows if you're gay or not, but she's not like that. No one knows, maybe she doesn't even know."

I stared at my dad for awhile. Thinking about what he said.

"But what if she meant it?" I quietly said, looking down at my feet.

"Then you keep living your life. Don't let it stop you, even if it's hard. You're just a teenager, you've got time."

Dad walked up to means pulled me into a hug. I quickly put my arms around him. Tears threatening to spill.

"I like her a lot dad." The tears started falling.

"Then fight for her."