Chapter 2

April rushed to get ready. She was relishing in her time spent in the Slytherin dorms and common room but even she knew that she'd have to leave soon and possibly even get sorted into a different house. April sighed. All of the Slytherins from the above years accepted her as if she was already a part of them - and of course, she did act exactly like all of the others did.

April was going to visit Diagon Alley to get her supplies with a man called Hagrid, who wasn't a teacher according to Dumbledore, but she was told that he was a very trustworthy man. Dumbledore said that Hagrid had someone to pick up on the way.

It wasn't long until she found herself in front of Dumbledore's office after being guided there by Professor Snape, who had aided most of her travels as he was the head of the Slytherin house. April was strangely fascinated by him and his manner, although it was clear that he was very intolerant of pretty much everyone.

"Go," Snape had told her with a curt nod towards the headmaster's office. April gave him a sparkling smile, her eyes twinkling. In response, he just rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Professor?" April called out as she knocked on the door softly. It looked so old and precious that she almost didn't want to hurt it by knocking too hard. Dumbledore granted her entry and April saw a rugged man with scraggy black hair with a matching beard by his side.

April grinned at them nervously.

"This is Hagrid," Dumbledore declared, waving a hand in the gruff man's direction. Hagrid simpered at April, who returned the somewhat nervous facial expression. "He will take you to Diagon Alley. First, he must pick up another student."

"Yeh don't mind waitin' fer a bit, do yeh?" Hagrid asked with a sheepish look about him, "I'll be back in 'bout half hour, is that alrigh'?"

April nodded vigorously. She went to leave again when Dumbledore called her back.

"If you don't mind, Miss Lockhart, I would like to speak with you," the old, greyed man said. April stood in front of him, waiting patiently.

"Yes, Professor?" She finally inquired after he didn't say anything.

"Today, you are going to meet a very... famous young boy," Dumbledore told April who's eyes widened, "Harry Potter. Have you heard of him?"

April shook her head.

"Well, April. I wouldn't want you to feel like you are just tagging along," Dumbledore muttered as he fiddled with some papers on his desk, "No matter how important Harry might become, you are still a phenomenal witch. There are some things you can do that not even Harry can yet."

The little brown-haired girl left after that. Pondering on the wise man's words, April found herself back in her Slytherin dormitory. She relaxed back onto her bed, staring at the ceiling. She stayed there until Hagrid came knocking on her door.

"C'mon, April!" He cheered, "We'll be goin' now."

April got up instantly and made her way to Hagrid. Harry Potter was next to him.

April looked at Harry curiously for a few moments. He had a scar in the shape of a lightning bolt across his forehead and he was wearing large, dirty glasses. She was intrigued already but from the look he was giving her, it seemed like he didn't really want to be her friend.

A Little While Later

"Welcome, Harry, April, to Diagon Alley," Hagrid announced, looking around at the street packed with people and crowded shops. Harry and April both stepped forward in fascination, their heads turning at every interesting person, animal or shop. They were lost in a massive herd of wizards and witches but Hagrid was unmissable with his height. They explored further down the street.