Party Hard

someone wakes me up. I know it's not Dad because he usually hits me with one of my pillows and it's not any one of my mates because they'd be yelling in my ear. I open my eyes slowly and see Lily in a dress, ready for the day. "what time is it?"

"six in the morning." I groan and shove my head in my pillow again. "my friend got a flat tire so she's not here today. I was wondering if, maybe, I could spend the day with you. get to know you more?" I open an eye and look at her.

"what's the catch?"

"there is no catch. you're my twin and I want to get to know you better." I groan again.

"it's too fucking early for this shit." I mumble and take off my covers.

"I'll wait upstairs." I mumble a yeah as I go to the bathroom to splash water on my tired face. I choose my good vibes top and some short shorts to wear and brush out my hair. I pull on Mikey's old varsity jacket from his old school he gave me and my shoes, shoving some cigarettes in the pockets of the jacket along with the lighter Mikey gave me. I run upstairs after I unplug my phone, brush my teeth and put some eyeliner and mascara on. Lily is sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone until I sit next to her.

"where do you want to go?"

"up to you, you live here after all." I laugh slightly at her sarcasam.

"maybe we're not so different after all." she gets up and smooths out her dress. "follow me little one." I grab the keys and write Dad a note.

out with Lily. be back home later. tell the gang if they come by

"we're going to go to a cute little cafe that Dad and I usually go to on the weekends." we start down the way to the cafe. "can I turn on my music?" she nods and I open the phone. "find Falling In Reverse and plug in the AUX." she does and Bad Girls Club plays through the speakers. I glance over at her and see her mouthing along the words. "well, look at what we have here." I look back at the road as she looks at me.

"what?"

"you're singing along." she smiles slightly and covers her mouth. "who knew a girly girl would know Falling In Reverse?"

"it's just a little bit." she defends.

"come on, I doubt that highly." she laughs again and I glance over again. "sing from the top of your lungs, this car is a judge free zone." she does and I do too until we've gone through five songs and we're at the cafe. she gets out and as do I, big smiles on both our faces. "see, it's fun singing."

"I grew up being taught that that kind of music isn't real music. I only listen to classical and play those kind of instruments."

"so, like, violin?"

"yeah, five years." I nod as we sit on the stools. "do you play instruments?"

"drums, guitar, Calum's teaching me bass." Louise comes over, surprised to see me.

"did someone die? 'cause you're here really early." I jab a thumb at Lily. Louise, too, has to take a double take. "holy shit. douple ganger shit going on here."

"twins." I correct. "two of my usual?" she nods and writes it down. after putting it on a hook by the kitchen, she leans on the counter.

"you never told me you had a twin."

"yeah, long story. this is Lily. Lily, this is Louise."

"nice to meet you." she looks us over.

"you two are complete opposites." we nod. "is that your natural hair Lily?" she nods. "so my little emo is a natural blonde?"

"sure am. you can start to see my roots coming in and I'm very mad because I don't want to dye them again." Louise leans over and looks at them.