Ten Years in the Making

I sit in the front of Calum's truck, head banging to the Falling in Reverse song in the car. I pull the cigarette out of Cal's mouth and take a drag, making him smile at me. "watch the road dumbass." I laugh, sticking the cancer stick back in his mouth.

"this is why people think you two are dating." Karren states from the back. "light me one." I light her a drag and hand it back to her, after taking a long breath from it. "jackass." she mumbles.

"oh fuck off." I laugh, drumming on the dash. we roll up to school and put out our blunts. I help Karren out of the car and sling an arm around her. "let's go sit with the Assholes." we race inside and go to the lunch room, fighting over the last seat after Calum took the seat next to Mikey. Karren won and so I sit on the table in front of Mikey. "you're a dick Karren."

"you want to suck my dick" she teases. "don't deny it babe." I roll my eyes and lay down on the table, using Mikey's binder as a pillow. "flirt." Karren whispers in my ear. I smack her head and look at Mikey, who's still looking at his phone.

"apearently not well enough." I mumble.

"you just have to get his attention." she whispers back. "look, just, like, giggle at me and make it all cutesy and shit."

"why? I never giggle."

"maybe, like, I don't know. laugh." I roll my eyes.

"you're no help dog." she mumbles a 'fuck you too' and goes to her phone. I look around and see everyone's on their phones. "fine, everybody just forget about me, the one lying on the table and be on your fucking phones." I stare at the ceiling until a familiar pair of green eyes are blocking my view. "you're blocking my view Clifford."

"I am the view Cole." he laughs.

"you wish asshole. what do you want?"

"well, you said everyone was ignoring you so, hi, I'm talking to you. I even switched Karren places so we could talk." I look up at see Karren where Mikey use to sit.

"you didn't have to you dumbass, I was just being dramatic."

"I do like them dramatic." he laughs.

"what, your murder victims?" he shakes his head. "what then?"

"my blood supplies." he attacks my neck, making me squeal and try to push him away.

"stop you ass, that tickles." he pulls away with a dorky grin on his face. "dickswab."

"that one's new, where'd you learn it?"

"some dick on Black Ops. my dad and I were playing and I beat his sorry little ass and he called me dickswab." Mikey laughs as the bell rings. he helps me off the table and hugs around me to grab his binder, causing me to hold my breath. not that he sticks, but because he's so fucking close.

"can I walk you to class?" he asks, still standing close.

"uh, no. you can't be late because then we can't hang." he pouts.

"I'd gladly miss class for you." he winks, making me flustered and I manuvre around him. "come on, let me walk you." we get out of the cantine and see Karren waiting for me.

"you're on the other side of the school, go." I push him away and head the way of Karren's and my class. "I fucked up." I groan, slouching forward.

"you did."

"I bet he thinks I hate him."

"he probably does." she teases.

"you're not helping ass." she slings an arm around me. "I don't know how to flirt."