Hetalia One-Shots : ~Canada/Matthew~

I don't' know what drew me to him. Maybe it was both our quiet and subtle nature. the way he looked so cute trying to protect me or getting mad at the people who confused him as America. He always made me smile at the littlest things and picked me out of the crowd of so many countries. He was my first love. I never believed anybody could make me feel this way. I though it was going to last forever like any other love sick person.

   But I screwed up.

   That one mistake and it all fell apart. It's so frustrating when the one thing you tried so hard to build together just break away like that.

   Nobody hardly knew of our relationship considering they never payed any attention to us anyways. But once we broke up everybody knew. I now deeply hate that man -no thing. You can't even call him a man much less a country- that ruined everything. I know it's harsh of me to say it, but I bet you would, too, if you were in the same situation as me.

   What happened was simple and common. I was with my group of friends in the bar just to have a little drink and party. I wasn't really one to drink and always just had one. But 'he' came with that seducing smile and insisted I had more. We were just great friends, but the more I drank the less everything seemed to matter. He said that he was hurt that he couldn't get a girl as cute and innocent as me before as Matthew already had me. I wan't surprised that he was one of the few that actually knew of our relationship. Of course, I was flattered.

   One thing led to another and I woke up in a bed next to a person I didn't love. Not my Matthew. Then he just went boasting about it to his friends like he was trying to break us apart. I guess you could tell who the person was now. I was scared and petrified. He would find out eventually and I hoped I could talk to him about it before another told him. But I was too late. He wouldn't let me explain or defend myslef. It was the worst day I ever had.

   Now that it's a month later still fighting my depression trying to stay optimistic, it wasn't going well. Hungary and my other friends tried to comfort me and told me that it was all going to end okay. But they knew that it was more serious seeing that I wan't listening to any of them.

*.*.*.*

   Now to the present day of my miserable life, I walked into the world conference room. I didn't have a smile at all on my face like I always did, now it was covered by an emotionless mask. I sat down next to England since he was one of the ones that also hated that one man. I shot a glare to the man that was sitting a little ways from me. He pretended not to notice and chatted away with the country next to him. Then I stared ahead to the person sitting in front of me and my heart ached. The hurt was clear on my face as I stared at him; my Matthew, well now just Matthew. He just hugged his bear tightly to him avoiding any ones gaze. He looked as hurt as I did which just made me feel worse.

   The meeting passed quickly, everybody's voice just a hum, as I tuned everything out and dreamed of better days. The one's where Matthew and I were happy. Mostly everyone was out of the room once I noticed the meeting was over. I stood up slowly as America bounced his way to me. "Hey ___! What's up?!"

   I just looked up at him with no expression showing.

   "Nothing," I said with a dead voice. Worry and sadness leaked onto Alfred's face. He always thought of you as a little sister and wanted to be the hero big brother to make you feel better, but in a situation like this he didn't know what to do. He quickly tried to think of an idea as he said the first thing that came to mind.

   "Do you want to come to the park with me?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders and then nodded, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

   As you followed Alfred out of the room you took one more glace to where Matthew was sitting to find him still there staring after me with so much pain in his eyes.