Ivy Tower chapter 1

Copyright© 2013 Simone Hayes

chapter 1

Ivy couldn't wait for the bell to ring signaling the end of one long year. That bell symbolized many things from freedom, sun and fun. She had been saving all year for this summer break her and Amelia had planned to enjoy it to the fullest.  

Starting with a club that night.

Amelia watched the clock as closely as Ivy but she couldn't wait any longer without warning she jumped up grabbed her things and ran for the door 

" come on Ivy " she laughs looking back just once.  

But before Ivy could think she too was up running for the door. 

"ladies, ladies what are you doing" yells mrs Simpson their year 12 drama teacher  

ivy just keep running She had to otherwise Amelia would leave her behind.  

Amelia had been ivy's bestfriend since 1st grade she was outgoing, mischievous and had a thirst for new experiences the total opposite to how ivy seen herself.

Ivy and Amelia sat in the first carriage of the train. Amelia placed one earphones into Ivy's ear.  

"I love this song" Ivy turned to Amelia.  

" I love this song too"

"up on a hill across a blue lake that's where I had my first heartache"  

" I still remember how it all changed my father said, don't you worry don't you worry child cause heaven has a plan for you" sung the girls in tune. "don't you worry don't you worry now".

Amelia felt ivy taking her earphone out. 

"Amelia tell me about this club were going to tonight"  

Amelia immediately pulled her earphone out  

"it's awesome Ivy you will love it, they have the hottest DJ's playing on three different levels and it's alway packed with the cutest guys you could imagine".

Ivy could feel the excitement building she wasn't sure whether it was her or the energy coming off Amelia but either way she was feeling it and it felt good. 

"tell me more" ivy said as she started to fidget. 

"you will just have to wait and see for yourself" she laughs placing the headphones back in her ears.

"Amelia that's not fair come on please. What kind of drinks do they have? How does everyone dance? I'm so worried about people laughing at me and how I dance. Do you think they will?" 

"calm down Ivy everyone is there to have a good time that's all. You will just have to wait for the rest" Amelia giggles placing the earphones back into ivy ears hoping to calm her.

Ivy and Amelia run for the taxi both a bit excited and maybe a little tipsy Amelia had taken a bottle of her mother and fathers best champagne to celebrate the first day of their summer break.  

" miller st point south please" Amelia flashed a extra nice smile and a little to much leg obviously hoping that would help with getting a cheap taxi fare. 

Ivy laughed "you would try anything wouldn't you" 

"what it's worked before and anyway we need to save where ever we can" she whispered back hoping the driver wouldn't hear.

"here we are" she clapped 

"oh my god I can't wait" ivy said closing the taxi door behind her