cuatro

emma

"shh, guys shut up, you'll wake them up." nash's voice says, then i hear the click of a camera.

"tell your brother to get his hands off my little sister." shawn says, his tone sounding a bit rash. while nash just laughs. wait, is he talking about hayes?

"oh come on man, they look cute." nash defends, and by now i decided it's time to wake up. i open my eyes only to find hayes' arms wrapped around me. "good morning lovebirds." nash says, smirking. i unwrap hayes' arms from my torso, then stand up.

"it's not what it looks like." i say, playfully rolling my eyes. "we fell asleep, that's all."

"yea, yea, we saw what was going on." nash states, sending me a wink.

"hey, if my sister says nothing happened then nothing happened." shawn defends, putting his arm around my shoulder. "plus, she would never date someone like hayes."

"okay guys, that's enough. what time is it?" i ask, yawning. shawn looks at his watch, then announces that it's barely midnight. i literally only slept like two hours. "alright, i'm going to bed. goodnight guys." i say, then walk to my room and throw myself on my bed. as soon as my head hits the pillow, i'm out like the light.

"emma, wake up!" shawn yells, causing me to fall off bed and roll onto the floor. i groan in annoyance, and remove some strands of hair from my face.

"what the frick shawn?! i was sleeping so peacefully." i whine, getting up from the floor.

"get dressed, we're going to the mall." the minute he says that, i jump out of bed and hop into the shower.

i actually decide to try today. so i do my makeup nicely, then get dressed into blue jeans, a grey knitted crop top, some black combat boots, then wrap a blue flannel around my waist.

i rush down the stairs to meet up with the boys, and find them all sitting in the living room. "ready to go?" shawn asks. i nod my head, then begin walking outside.

we all pile inside the small car that shawn owns. i have to sit on matthew's lap just so that we could all fit.

"this is pretty comfortable." matthew says, causing me to giggle. he then does something unexpected, and puts his arms around my waist.

my eyes widen at his actions, and i find myself turning red. i look over at matthew, and see him smirking. i brush it off, then pull out my phone and go through my social media.

my instagram has been blowing up with notifications, more than usual. i open instagram and see that nash tagged me in a photo. (photo at the top) i smile once i look at the picture. it's actually pretty cute.

i then take a look at all the comments. and let me just say, not all of them are 'cute'. a lot of girls were commenting about how i'm not good enough for hayes, or that i shouldn't be near him.

but we're not even dating! so i have no idea why they're getting all worked up. i feel sorry for hayes' future girlfriend. i can't imagine the type of hate she'll get.

"look at this." i say, showing hayes the picture. his cheeks blush slightly, and i see a smile forming in his lips.

"i mean, we do make a pretty hot couple." hayes says, agreeing with the comment that just appeared. i laugh it off, knowing that he was just joking.

"we're here!" nash exclaims, then bolts out of the car. we all laugh, then follow after him. i tumble out of the car, almost falling in the process. but thanks to matthew, i was caught right before the fall.

"okay so let's make an itinerary on-"

"i'm going to go now. whoever wants to go, can join me." i say, interrupting shawn. earning a glare from him.

"i'll go." both hayes and matthew announce. shawn, nash, and cameron send them both weird stares. and so do i.

"i'll go, you need to hang out with your friends anyways." hayes says, grabbing my arm and walking away into the mall. the first store we go into is pacsun.

after shopping in the mall for like two hours, we walk out of our last store. hayes holding a large amount of bags, since he offered to carry both of our bags.

"let's go to adidas!" hayes suggests, and i agree. we look around the store for a few minutes, both of us picking things that we liked. "we should get matching sweatshirts."

i smirk in response. "yes, that'd be cool!" i say, then drag him with me. a few minutes later, we came out of the store with two more bags. "wanna go to the food court?" i ask, and he nods his head.

after arriving, we both buy some food from the mini in-n-out. it has the best freakin burgers in the world.as i'm about to take a bite out of my food, i look up to catch hayes staring at me. "what?" i ask, peeking a smile.

hayes just shakes his head. "nothin," he says, as a soft laugh escapes his lips.

"tell me!" i exclaim, playing around with his hands.

"it's just that every time i'm out with a girl, they only eat salads and all that healthy junk." he spills, causing me to laugh as well.

"well, that's not me. i do eat healthy, but if i feel like eating a burger, then i'm going to eat a burger." i say, snapping my fingers sassily.

"i think that's attractive."  he admits, then takes a bite of his lunch. i look at him with furrowed eyebrows, but laugh it off.

we continue to have a somewhat peaceful lunch. but you should know, when your brother's famous you never get any privacy.

hayes and i were soon interrupted by many cameras flashing. i drop my burger and look up, only to see over a dozen reporters holding cameras in our faces. great, paparazzi.

"are you guys going out?"
"is this a date?"
"hayes, do you like emma?"
"emma, do you like hayes?"
"where's nash?"
"what does shawn think about this?"

all those questions coming from the paparazzi pile up, and i find myself getting dizzy. "guys, stop!" hayes yells, grabbing a hold of me and dragging me away from everyone. but that doesn't stop them, they continue to follow us while screaming out questions.

it isn't until we get inside our car that they finally leave us alone. we both look at each other, then laugh.

"don't you get tired of that?" i ask, setting my shopping bags to the side. hayes nods his head.

"yea, but it's worth it." he answers. "we should call the boys, tell them we're ready to leave." i nod my head, then dial shawn's number. in a matter of minutes, they had all arrived at the car. and before i knew it, we were driving home.

+
ayyee i finally updated hoes.
ya should check out my other
hayes stories. bc they're
actually rlly gr88

• best friends // h.g
• best mistake // h.g