Sunday

It's been about a week since the party and Joey still won't talk to me. I just woke up and was told we're going to church. I take a quick shower straightened my hair, put on some light make up and throw on a pair of jeans and a nice shirt. I hadn't been to church much since my mom got sick but when I did go my mom made sure I dressed appropriately Someone knocked on the door "you decent?" it was Jason. "Yeah come in" I called through the door. He came in and stopped for a second looking at at me. He blushed realizing I noticed. "You look very pretty" "thanks" he looked cute to in his jeans and light blue button down shirt. "Do you go to church a lot?" He asked. "um not really. I kinda had a falling out with God when my mom got sick" he frowned. "Oh. I pray a lot. Ma makes us go to church a lot" "ya I prayed a lot. I prayed for my mom to get better" I paused. "But it didn't stop your mom from getting sick...dying.." Jason added. He understood. "Ya" was all I got out my eyes began to water. "Haiden I'm sorry I didn't mean to" he started. I just hugged him I don't know why it just felt right. The door opened "guys we gotta..." It was Joey. He saw us. "We gotta get to church" he said angrily then slammed the door. "Uh..we should get down stairs" I said walking towards the door. "Ya" was all Jason said as he followed me out the door. When we got downstairs everyone was downstairs. "Alright let's go" everyone walked outside I was last Cameron in front of me. "Cameron wait....are you mad at me?" He thought for a second. "I have strong feelings for you Haiden I'm just not sure wether there good or bad" then he walked away. I mean I guess that's not bad. I have to think it isn't. I followed him. Jordan stopped and waited for me. "Haiden. I was wondering if you wanted to go swimming with me and Jack in the lake after church?"  He asked excitedly. "Ya that sounds great!" I said. There was something I needed to do I ran to catch up to James. "James I need to talk to you" "what's up?" he replied putting his arm around me. "we need to take a break.not break up for good. I just can't be dating anyone right now." I explained and pulled away. He looked angry "whatever" he said loudly. The rest of the walk I was silent. When we got to church I sat on the isle next to Jason. The mass was nice. Once it was over Jane said the boys father was coming home from the business trip so she was going to pick him up from the airport and drive him back out here. She took Charlie with her. We started to walk back. "Hey me Jack and Haiden are going for a swim if anyone wants to come" Jordan announced to the group. "Sure why not?" Luke agreed. "Um..I'm gonna take Blake out to town...sorry" Cameron answered. I wasn't surprised. Blake wouldn't swim and Cameron would never leave Blake. "Sorry I'm working on a painting" Jason replied. "I'd rather not spend time with her" Joey said and stormed away. "For once I agree with him" James said then followed him. Nathan and Ellie were also going out to town. I knew I couldn't change in my room. Joe most likely wouldn't let me. So I went in grabbed my suit and left without saying any thing. I knocked on Luke's door. "Come in" he answered. I walked in. He was already in his bathing suit. "Can I change in here?" I asked. "Sure" he replied. Then he stood there. "Well.. Can you get out?" I said a little louder. "Aww...man I was hoping I could watch" he smirked. "Just get out" I pushed him out the door. I quickly got changed and then headed downstairs. Jordan and Jack were already in the lake. "Watch your back" Jordan said and smirked "what?" I asked confused before I was lifted of the ground. I turned my head to see look. He was headed for the water. I started to kick and scream not wanting to be thrown in the probably freezing water. He tossed me in like it was so easy for him. When my body hit the water I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not very cold. "Your dead!" I started splashing him and he splashed me back, he pick me up around my waist so I was at his height. For a second time paused when I look in his eyes. I leaned forward causing both of us to fall in the water. "I challenge you to a chicken fight." He demanded. "Alright. Jordan get over here." I agreed. Jordan got on my shoulders and Jack got on his. "You're going down" Jordan yelled at Jack. "A fighter is only as good as their base" Luke smirked. Then with one push Luke send me and Jordan crashing into the water. Unfortunately after many fights Luke was deemed the winner. "Sorry kid" I told Jordan. "We'll get him next time" he smiled. Then Jason came out. "Mom and Dad are home and Dad wants to see everyone" he yelled across the river. Excited, Jack and Jordan raced ahead of us. I looked at Luke nervously. "There's nothing to worry about. He'll love you. We all do" he smiled "except for Joe...and Cameron...and Blake" I started "and James" Luke laughed. I glared at him. "We'll go in together" he held his hand out. I took it. He was like an older brother to me. We walked in together. And there he was their father. A nice looking man. He was in shape had curly black hair and blue eyes like Blake's.  He was in shape and stood at about 5'11. I recognized him.