Before Combat Chaos

News came in that we were needed in combat. We regretted hearing that news. We were to leave in two days. Those two days went by fast. On the way to the camp we were talking.
"Well guys just remeber we all go in and we all come out." Alex says looking out the humvee's window.
"Affirmative." They say in unison.
"Stop the humvee! " Alex yells. The driver of the Humvee stops and turns around.
"Whats the issue West?"
"There's a land mine Barnes."
"Where?"
"Come." Alex says getting out of the humvee. Barnes follows Alex to the land mine which is not even 10 ft away from the humvee.
"How did you do that West?" He asks calling for the bomb squad.
"I do not know. I just knew there was something out of the ordinary."
"Well you just saved everyone's life."
"Your welcome Barnes." Alex says walking back to the Humvee.
"Good going West." Lieutenant Elas says as Alex enters the Humvee.
"Thank you Lieutenant."
For the rest of the way to the camp everyone was asking Alex how she knew the land mine was there and the answer every time was,
"I really don't know I knew something was out of the ordinary."
At the camp there was soldiers running around every where it was just pure chaos. We are approached by a tall muscular man.
"Lieutenant Elas." He says shaking Lieutenant Elas' hand.
"Colonel Evans."
"Follow me. " Colonel Evans says walking through the camp.
Alex gets a tap on the shoulder from Josh.
"Hey West do you think Logan and Colonel Evans are brothers?"
"Probably Strong. "
Colonel Evans brings us to a command tent and allows us in.
"As you all may know you can call each other by last names or nicknames now when I ask you what your name is tell me what you want to be called." Colonel approaches Merrick.
"M Kane sir." Colonel approaches Logan.
"Evans sir." Colonel approaches Evan Elas.
"E Elas sir." Colonel approaches Alexander Elas.
"A Elas sir." Colonel approaches Devon.
"Wills sir." Colonel approaches Josh.
"Yankee sir." At last Colonel approaches Alex.
"West sir."
"Oh look. Looks like we got ourselves a woman. What are you here for West!"
"To protect and serve."
Colonel pats Alex on the shoulder.
"Listen up you all need to be trained to be snipers because you never know when you have to shoot a target at long range. You will all be trained tomorrow and it will be the best damn crash course you all will have. I will make sure you all will be where you need to be around camp until then you may become acquainted with some of the other marnies."
They start to leave and Alex is stopped.
"West can you stay back for a minute?"
"Yes sir."
When everyone is gone Colonel Evans approaches Alex.
"Do you remember me Alex?"
"Hesh?" Alex says staring into Colonel Evans eyes. He takes of his hat.
"Yes Alex."
"Hesh I never thought you would become a marine."
"I did it to keep you safe."
"Well now we're both here so I guess we need to keep each other safe." Alex says kissing Hesh's cheek.
"I guess so."
Alex leaves the tent and Josh is waiting for her.
"What was that all about?"
"What do you mean?"
"You kissed his cheek."
"Yeah and?"
"I saw the way he looked at you."
"Well if you must know we've been dating since we we're kids and he made me a promise that he would always keep me safe. One day I drove him to the airport while he was wearing his "dads" marine fatigues that I now know that weren't his dads and that was the last time I saw him until now."
"Awww your in love."
"Oh shush Yankee."