[2] The Blood is Everywhere

~~Zeke~~

Aw, shit.

Poor girl....

Damn!

Zeke hissed as his mind struggled to move the pieces in the lock around. He managed it a few seconds later, and without jostling the girl, kicked the door to his apartment aside. Immediately he dashed up the stairs and into his room, not even bothering to close it behind himself.

Black sheets. That's something decent, at least. He smirked at his own stupidity and so carefully laid her on the bed. Her body was extremely limp, almost like jello or something. Whatever that crap food was that Steve liked so much. He found himself stroking her hair, brushing strands out of her eyes and away from the blood that was clumped near her temple. She was going to take a lot of work.

She's probably worth it, he thought, and flew downstairs to shut the door and fetch a wet washcloth. When he came back up, nothing had changed.

If he thought carrying her was scary -- that was nothing to this! He had to move her around to clean and bandage certain areas, and every time he touched her he felt like she would shatter. It became really intense when he realized the worst of the wounds were in the worst place possible. The place he really didn't want to see, much less clean.

Somehow, he had to get a girl's help.

But he had no other friends. He couldn't risk it. Steve was his best friend, yes, but he was human. Zeke...was not. He couldn't risk a relationship outside of immortality, except one night and a gourmet meal. Steve was the only human friend he had, and almost his only friend at all. Vampires seemed to have been growing more and more emotional these days. They were overly distrustful. He rolled his eyes in silent musing.

He had grown up a vampire, although he hadn't known it until two years ago. When immortality didn't exist to him, he had tons of friends. But as they all grew older, everyone but Steve stopped hanging out with him. At first he had taken offense, but then his parents had explained that they were probably afraid of the sudden changes he had to endure. Of course, no human could define a vampire from another human. But they weren't that stupid. They could tell when something was off about you. They were masters of the art of words, experts on all the things he tried to avoid. They could see through any fellow mortal ruse, and when they couldn't figure you out, they got suspicious.

Vampire strength could almost be described as a cape, flowing out behind you; when people brushed it, or saw it sometimes, they realized that you weren't right. Maybe not what you were, but they knew what you were not, and that was one of them.

Zeke sighed, and examined the situation. There was no way around it. He had to --

Gritting his teeth, he worked the skirt down her legs, over her knees

and saw lack of clothing.

He knew his eyes had widened, he knew he couldn't tear away. But he was definitely not attracted. It was horrendous! Her thighs had been slashed open -- every now and then they released tiny droplets of crimson -- but the blood from between her legs.... It was a river, a steady rush of dark, molten red. He recalled the odd stain on the back of her skirt --

She'd been bleeding like this the whole way here.

And who knew how long she'd been in the dumpster --

And who knew how long they'd waited to put her in it!! Or how long it had taken them to do such a thing!! And only God knew why no one heard her scream --