[4] The Girl is More Important

~~Zeke~~

All eyes turned to the sound of the crash, just as they had turned to Zeke's entrance. The atmosphere seemed to crackle with tension. He stood, frozen in amazement with the rest of the crowd, as a black cloak literally swept into the room. The swish of air and the tinkle of glass echoed through the club. Fear choked on every being there.

The cloaked figure was clearly Shadow. He was small in figure, but menace seemed to pulse from Him in electric waves. Beneath the completely shrouding cloak, two dark red lights burned.

Zeke took a moment too long to process what happened next.

Before he could blink, Shadow shot forward, snatched his throat and shoved him back against the wall. By-standing vampires gasped and scrambled out of the way.

His hand was like stone. Zeke fought back panic. Stay calm, he told himself. Rigid, he held onto self control as Shadow sniffed his t-shirt, then his arms. Zeke felt himself shaking, but he kept himself from crying out, merely from the scent of terror in the room if nothing else.

Zeke couldn't help but wonder why Shadow had picked him. Out of every vampire in the room, he was the one pinned to a wall, being...tasted, if you will. And then he noticed something.

Shadow was not vampire.

That was a shocker. There were only three options of immortals: werewolves, vampires, and...demons. In that ascending order. There was no way a werewolf could scare so many vampires out of their wits.

Besides, werewolves didn't have such slender frames.

Which got him thinking. Thinking was good. Anything different from what was happening. Were the common vampires right about Shadow? Was He really....

The grip on Zeke's throat tightened. He snapped alert with a blink. "Boy, answer me," Shadow hissed. And then it clicked.

No. They were utterly wrong.

"Um...." Zeke stuttered.

Shadow growled. And before Zeke could protest, he was hauled out of the club, the eyes of every present immortal following them. Then the door slammed. He was thrown against the brick alley wall.

The impact echoed through the ominous evening. Pain shot up Zeke's spine. He gritted his teeth just in time for Shadow to clench his throat and lift him up again. His head ricocheted, ringing, almost wailing like sirens.

Damn it hurt. He refrained from making noise.

Shadow's storm red eyes glared at him a mere inch from his face. He stared back, feeling utterly helpless and weak. For a long moment, nothing happened. A very long moment.

Then Shadow pushed back His hood.

Her hood.

Zeke was stunned. She had red, almost bloody hair, with inky black on the last inches. Sculpted ebony eyebrows, pale skin and lips. And of course, dark crimson eyes. Almost a black they were so dark. But they glinted ruby with anger. She was beautiful, he had to admit. But she was pissed.

"You've been touching a demon," she quietly snarled.

Zeke gulped. Oh, shit. "H-how do you know?"

"Don't play games with me!" she spat. He winced as her hand tightened. "I can smell it! I'm looking for my sister, you son of a bitch. And you know where she is, don't you?" She raised one eyebrow, and leaned even closer. He could smell the sweet scent that wafted off of her, almost like the one from the girl at his apartment. But that girl.... The one with midnight black hair, and a flawless face, and a beautiful body, though she was cruelly mangled -- that girl -- smelled even better. She was....