Head Trip

We drove off into the distance. To keep us both, Chloe and I, she turned on the radio. The song Cheerleader came on.

      "Max listen to the words of the song." Chloe told me.

       /Oh I think I found myself a cheerleader, she's always right there when I need her/

      "It reminds me of you." Chloe stated.

       Did Chloe like me? I knew I was always there for her but- I didn't think I meant much.

       "How?" I asked. Even though I knew the answer.

       She looked over at me and blushed. She smiled and then giggled.

       "Um, er-" Chloe stuttered, "Nothing- Nothing.."

       I could tell she was nervous. I wonder why she was taking me to the lighthouse though.

       We approached the lighthouse. It was beautiful. It's white against the yellowish-orange sunset.

       Chloe grabbed my hand and rushed me up the mountain. It was even more beautiful up here.

       "Isn't it great up here, Maxi-million?" Chloe said. She plopped me down on the bench and she sat next to me.

       "Indeed." I insisted.

        Chloe stretched out her arms to fit the whole bench. I lay my head in her arms.

        "You're a really great friend." Chloe told me. She put her head on mine.

         Was she friend-zoning me? She called me "a great friend"

         I sat up and she put her head on my shoulder.

         "You know Max, I have been meaning to tell you something. I really-" Chloe got interrupted my the buzz of my phone, "Who the hell is it?"

          Damn. It was try-hard Warren.

         Chloe looked at my screen. "Oh it's dickhead Warren. Ugh. Meat for brains.." Chloe scoffed.

          "Hey I will have you know he is a decent person." I remarked. I then read the texts he sent. I decided to text him back.

          "Fine. Go text your boyfriend." Chloe told me.

           Why was she acting up all of the sudden? She pulled out a ciggarete and lit it with her lighter, she puffed it.

            Warren: Hey yo Max, dis a bad time?

            Me: A little, but tell me what ur gonna say anyways.

            Warren: Well uh- I got something to tell you. Can you meet me back at the dormitory? Or like the parking lot- yeah the parking lot.

            Me: Sure...

            I wish I never accepted. Chloe is going to be pissed.

           "Hey Chloe uh-" I began.

           "What now Maxine?" She never called me Maxine. Damn. What was Chloe's head trip right now?

           "Warren texted me. He said he needed me. Can you drive me back to the dormitories?" I asked.

           She looked at me  and got up. She threw her cigarette off the mountain.

            "Lets go Maxi.." Chloe groaned. She jingled her keys in her hand.

            We got into the truck. She turned on the radio. The song Talk Dirty came on. She blasted the volume to 50. She played it even louder as we pulled into the dormitory. I got out of the car. I turned around. 

             "Bye Chloe.." I said to her looking through the window to see her.

            She looked over at me and rolled her eyes. She drove off causing a skidding sound. Thanks Warren. Now my best friend is mad at me.