Chapter XII ~ Misty ~ What's a Smosh?

About to hit 500 reads! Woahhhh! :3 That is CRAZY! Thankyou sooooo much. I'm really really happy to see the reads gradually go up. Thanks so much, everyone!!

I'm making this one longer for you all :) Hope you like it... it's all starting to take off, finally, and come together! Yay!

fluffie xx

Chapter 12

Misty Cooper

I was so chuffed that Ian and Anthony had gone to retrieve Drift for me. I'd been too scared to offer to help, which I felt awful about.

But I wasn't facing Jay, yet.

Anthony and Ian were seriously genuine, nice guys. Ian had launched out of bed as soon as he heard. What a guy. I liked him, more than I should. I knew he was a good seven years older. It was ridiculous. He liked me as a friend, but no more than that.

I was happy to keep it that way, but the way he'd saved me last night was sort of romantic. Or maybe that was just me...? I was happy to stay friends though, if that was what he wanted. The last thing I wanted to do was be creepy or annoying.

Whilst they were out, I'd called my mum. Now that was a difficult phone call. My mum couldn't accept what had happened. I had been honest, but she was really worried about me, any idiot could tell. She demanded that I reported the incident to the police. I accepted, but I was still scared to. I decided to tell Ian later.

She was even suggesting that I come back to England after the incident. I refused. I insisted now I was with Ian and Anthony... I was happy. Despite the fact it had been less that 24 hours I knew I was welcome here.

'Look. I'm comfortable now. We'll see how it goes with them, Mum, I promise I'm safe.' I told her.

'Oh Misty, I'm so proud of you,' Mum said, choking on her words. I couldn't see her but I knew she was tearing up. 'If there's anything, anything... just call. Okay? I think moving like this was an abrupt idea from the start. You've taken it so well...'

'Mum, I will. Ian and Anthony are amazing guys. I'm proud to say they're my roommates.'

I also, cheekily, told her to start sending money to Ian and Anthony's address, and I gave it to her. But in addition, Mum was just as cautious about Ian and Anthony. She wanted to call them later to check everything was safe and make a judgement. Fair enough, I suppose. She knew that they were her friends friends... but after what happened I guess she was really really paranoid. I told her that they would call her in a few hours. She promised she would stay up for the call.

Almost as if on cue, as soon as I put down the phone, there was a jiggle of a key in a lock and Anthony gently pushed the door open, ducking his head to fit under the doorframe.

'Hey Misty- someone's desperate to see you!' Ian then strode in with Drift in his hands. Drift saw me and made swimming movements with his limbs, trying to fly towards me.

'Come here, little guy!' I yelped, pushing myself up off the sofa and rushing over to Ian.

Ian cautiously handed Drift over to me and I hugged my little pet.

'Thankyou.... I don't even know what to say, Anthony, Ian. Thankyou so much...' I knew I was tearing up. Fuck, I'd had an emotional couple of days.

'It's nothing-- and don't you worry about, erm..' Anthony stopped in the middle of his sentence as Ian gave him a look that screamed 'DON'T GO THERE'.