the shooting part 2

steve and the other guy started arguing and yelling."i don't have anyone here to kill you!!""too late to lie homie." then a sleek mack 10 came into view."stop!"steve shouted."i'll see who it is, ok, i don't know what the fuck's goin on, for all i know you's playin me and ima get shot up but you don't see me pussyin around. god."then he walked over to the dumpster and his eyes went wide when he saw us then he looked all smug."i'm tellin mallory what's goin on let's go steven." "like i give two shi-""steve look out!"allan yelled and the dude with the gun was behind him aiming the mack at his head."i knew you knew these guys. not for long fucker see you in hell.""nooooo!" i screamed as he pulled the trigger and easily capped steven, he fell limp to the ground, blood pouring out of his head. we stood there in shock for a moment, then burger pulled me and allan away as he started spraying. bullets flew everywhere like a flock of deadly hornets. we ran through the ally and into the street. as we approached the sidewalk, i heard burger shout in pain. not once have i ever heard burger show any indication of pain. he was the strongest dude i knew when it came to withstanding pain. never, not when he broke his leg when we were skateboarding, not during the chemo,  never. i respected him for that. but now he was, and crying, and i never questioned for a moment that getting shot is the worst sensation in the world and i'll never believe those movies where the hero gets shot a bunch of times and is ok and doesn't care, because my hero is laying on the sidewalks of one of the biggest streets in chicago with blood oozing from his hand. adrenaline poured through my veins and i picked up burger, all 260 pounds of him, and ran into the street, our pursuer on our tails. allan had run back inside the pizzeria, calling 911. a taxi narrowly avoided hitting me, blared its horn, and screeched to a halt when the driver saw the blood smeared over burger and i. burg was losing consciousness with all the blood loss as well. i pulled the back door of the taxi open and yelled,"get me to a fuckin hospital fast!"i'll give the driver credit he at least went twice the speed limit, weaving through lanes of traffic, swerving past cars, as i realized someone in a large white van with a broken window was right behind us, tailing our every move.