burger and the fries

derek's pov

"hello audience! today we have a special guest joining us all the way from the children's hospital in philadelphia, Ben Urgman, aka, the burger! and he comes with fries!!" i panned to burger eating his french fries for lunch and made a crowd cheering sound. this had to be burger's longest treatment yet, he was out for several months. mallory laughed." will you knock it off? i'm pretty sure your annoying voice isn't the first thing he wants to hear when he comes back." "hahaha so funny marshmallow." burger smiled at that remark as mal's face twisted into her you're-cute-but-pissing-me-off face i had come to know over the course of our 6 year friendship. she hated when i called her that, but i pointed out she was the one who started calling ben burger. burger just quietly ate his pickle as we had our daily 'will you knock it off derek' fight. "mal, chillax. i tease cause i care. i know you can take it." "whatever. listen, you won't believe what steve did last night he-" i got bored already. another 'steve is so irresponsible' story. they were funny at first, but now it was just ranting to me. i mean, i understood she was having a hard time controlling the menace, but why go to me for consolence? she has jenny!i started walking up to the lunch line to get my food."DEREK! gah! you're such a child with the attention span of a squirrel.""yeah but you think i'm hot.""oh give me a break! i do not! you look like a rhino and a pile of mud had a baby! freak!" she punched me friendly-like. "fine, if that's what you find attractive. i don't judge." "arrgh!" i grabbed my food and sat down. tony came over.uh oh. here comes trouble. i turned off my camera. i didn't want to document this.

mallory's pov

ugggh i can't believe that stupid tony! he's such a dickhead! why would he bully burger? he can't help he has cancer! wait.. you're a journal you can't answer questions. uh, let's call that rhetorical. hold on let me put in my headphones. ah.. eminem, his music always comforts me. anyway, that stupid brat! i can't believe he just waltzes up to the table like that and bully burger. i don't care if you're a journal, here's what went down; tony walks right up to the table and derek turned off his retarded camera. he says,"hey burger, missed you buddy!" burger smiled. then, he said,"i miss having a 400 pound fatass eating all the cafeteria food. jeez. save some for other people!" i looked over at him and told him to knock it off. burger seemed unaffected but i knew that just meant he was bottling it up as usual. that's when derek stepped in. and instead of saying a clever comeback at him to stump him, he said,"i like your jacket tony. lookin' swift today. and i like how you spiked your hair. keep it cool man." everyone at the table including tony was stunned. tony said,"what're you gay?! dude, look at the gay freakin senior. ewww, get away from me queer!" derek just smiled and sat down, told burger it was ok to cry, and comforted him. what the heck is wrong with him???? one way or another, i'm going to find out.

 derek's pov:

i was walking down the hall with my camera on just in case something i could vlog about came up. i was walking with allan, he was telling some blonde joke when mallory walked up."because her boyfriend was blond too!!! hahah-oh hi mallory. how're you?""kind of pissed off to tell you the truth. tony won't stop knocking on anyone with the slightest flaw.""yeah i feel ya. seen the bae?""uh... she told me on skype that she's waiting for you by the science lab in the sophomore wing.""thanks. see ya!"and allan ran off. i said,"you have a skype? i thought you were the instagram kinda chick.""nah, i just have a skype and a tumblr.""oh yeah. i'll get a skype i guess. friend me 'kay?" "sure dude" then i walked off to get to my locker before gym. burger has a locker near mine and we both have the same gym class together, so we used to meet each other there and walk to class together. i saw him put his gym clothes in his bookbag, and he saw me out of the corner of his eye. without a word, we made the trek to the locker room. i said,"man, i've missed walkin with you. it's been a while." "yeah i know right." "so did you see that awkwardly hot pediatrician this time?" he got uneasy as i said that. "oh, did you get in trouble for checking her out?" "no, that's not it. i just didn't see her is all." "oh, i would think that you wouldve seen her once in three months." he started to tear up as we walked into the locker room. he wiped them away. i turned off the camera cause i'm not allowed to videotape people changing! i was going to get to the bottom of this. 

texting conversation between derek and mallory on skype that night:

waiting for marshmally to accept contact request

You and marshmally are now contacts

doubledogder:yooooooo this is cool. howre you?

marshmally:yeah. i'm fine, what's with lunch?

doubledogder:?

doubledogder:wut do u mean? wut happened @ lunch?

marshmally: with tony, instead of insulting him to get him away, you complimented him. why?

doubledogder:oh. just a change in style i guess. i'm trying to give out more compliments and be nicer now. i'm a people pleaser remember?

marshmally:except a me pleaser considering you can't knock it off with the nicknames

doubledogder: i do that cause you know i''m just playin'. if you want me to stop, i will. anyway, do you know why burger's all upset? he's usually ecstatic to be back and super energetic. today he just was solemn and monotonous.

marshmally.:idk. steve wants dinner. ttyl

doubledogder: kk gtg