Chapter 0

Gyro Soul: A Short Story

By Descend

"Do you think there will be enough room?" Was spoken from a young Japanese woman her skin fair and hair long with a onyx tone, "I'm sure there will be if not we can board the next one." Charles an adventure from America who traveled to Japan in search of training and enlightenment soon settled for a life of leisure and love, "Well I hear Russia is cold so..." She reached into her closet and removed an old shinobi scarf passed down from her family for generations, "S-saiako I can't take this I'm not worthy of it." She smiled and planted a kiss on his cheek, "Yes you are now cmon we're going to miss are flight." Charles and Saiako were in the process of a huge move to the stairs leaving everything they love behind in the wake of the celestial being The Traveler. Russia was boarding ships to a wide array of planets. It was first come first served.

"What do you mean not enough room!" Charles on the brink of tears and rage couldn't bear to hear he and his lover couldn't leave Earth behind together. The orange suit boy spoke, "I-im sorry sir, but this ship is full and...I'm afraid so are the other ones." Saiako intervened, "Please their has to be someway?" He shook his head, "I'm sorry there's nothing I can do." Charles stood in shock at what came out of his mouth, "What if she boards without me..." Shocked by the response she turned in tears her faced flushed and tears storming, "N-no no no!" She beat his chest yet he stood with tears soon streaming down his face, "I'll be damned if I leave you on this rock." He looked into her eyes and removed his scarf and clenched it in his fist, "As long as I have this I will never forget you...I promise." Being pulled away by the robot guards to board her she lost it, "Charles! No!" He smiled and gave her one final farewell, "I'll see you again Saiako...one day."

Present Time...

Gyro the warlock and former mortal Charles stood over the grave of Saiako his lover, "I told you I would see you again I just didn't expect it take 100 years." Buried on Venus she was an astute professor of philosophy and trainer of students and Guardians from all over the Solar System, "This is usually why The Traveler is against giving Guardians back their memories he feels it brings weakness and sadness." His ghost floated to his master, "And the last thing I want to do is see you upset." Gyro smirked and removed his Vanguard helmet which held his torn scarf which was given to him long ago, "Before I thought it was a mere piece of fabric, but instead held the dreams of the man I once was and now..." He placed the battle torn scarf upon her tombstone. Its ripples a symbol of the wars it endured and memories the two men held were being put to rest, "Now you two have found each other once again." He placed his helmet back on and proceeded to walk away with one final message, "Good bye Charles may you atleast know peace in the afterlife."

Ending Theme: I.D.E.A. by RoST