Chapter Four

Copyright © 2022 Savannah Dallas All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be replicated, duplicated, or reproduced in any shape or form of any kind. Including Photocopying, recording, or any other mechanical forms or methods, unless given former written permission from the publisher/author except in the use of quotations in reviews or critiques and/or other noncommercial practices by copyright law. Authors Note: This story is the first that I will publish, it is very important to me seeing as it is the first story I've been able to write in months. Any vulgar, violent, or offensive language and comments will be reported and deleted immediately. I only want positive criticism. If you have nothing positive to say please do no comment. I edit almost always before publishing but if there are errors please point them out, again in a positive way, and I will fix them. Also please comment on the plot and characters, telling me what you think of them. Hope you all enjoy! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I grab my bag and head inside. I know dad isn't home even before I've seen his note on the counter. I set my stuff down and pick up the note. Em, I've gone out of town for business. I'm going to New York. I'll be home Tomorrow. P.s. Left you some money. Love, Dad. Next to the note is about a thousand dollars. I guess dad tries to make up for his absence by showering me with gifts and money. I sigh and head to my room. Like our house my room is very nice. Its rather big but comfy and adorable at the same time. Dad knew I loved to read so he had a ton of shelves built in. I practically had my own library. It was often my solitude and escape. Next to my closet was a secret door that looked like a bookshelf that led into a reading room. There was a whole wall with shelves for books and other things. There was a place in the ground that had a mattress built into it that had blankets and several pillows spread out across it and the room. I also had chinese lanterns spread around in two corners of the room and a lamp. I also had my own bathroom. I loved my bathroom. Across from the door was a roomy shower stall and diagnal from the shower was a enormous jacuzzi tub, above the tub in the wall was a fire place and across from the tub was the sink and counter. I had an enormous mirror, which I absolutely loved. The underneath of the counter had several drawers for all my stuff, plus room to spare. Next to the sink was a closet for towels and washclothes and such. My room was spacious but not overly massive. Since Dad wasn't short on money when he had the house built he had every room made to be master bedrooms, my ginornous king size bed was built partially into the wall and had shelves on either side for a small flat screen tv and more books. I had several pictures and more chinese lanterns hanging in the small cacoon I called my bed underneath it was a huge white plush rug There was also a mantle with a fire place close to the door and also a walk in closet that was next to the small hidden library, and a small den. The den had a TV that made me feel like an ant, a wraparound couch, and mini bar. I had, had two requests for my room and those were for a window seat and the mini library; and Dad had overly obliged to those requests. The window seat was amazing. And on either side were more shelves with books, CD's, and other things I'd brought with me. Dad had gone the extra mile to make me happy and make me feel at home when mom and I first moved in with him and Keith. Keith was Emmett's son and my step-brother. Before Mom and Emmett had started dating I had dated Keith for a year before breaking it off due to finding out he was cheating and also because our parents had gotten involved. I walked into my closet and sat down on one of the chairs and thought about my day. My hand automatically raised to my lips and I smiled. I got up to pick my clothes for work. I settled on black comfy slacks, my black moccasins, and a black tank top with coral flowers on the bottom. I went to walk out of my closet when I bumped into someone causing me to drop my clothes. When I looked up fear filled my body. Keith stood on the top step glaring down at me. I backed up as he walked down the three steps and stopped when I backed into one of the pillars in the center of the closet.

"Emersyn." He growled. I looked down and tried to control my shaking. He grabbed my chin roughly and forced me to look up at him."You going somewhere?"

"I got--" He cuts me off by tightening his grip on my chin, "I got called into work."

"Don't Lie to me." He hisses. Tears began forming. "You're hurting me." I cry as he tightens his grip even more.

"I treated you good. Better than good. I loved you. I spoiled you."

"You cheated on me." I hiss anger filling my body. He lets go of my chin and turns around. He rubs his face with his hands and turns back around, he looks down and before I realize what he's done I'm on the ground. I feel the burning sting of where his hand hit my face, the tears pool over and rush down my cheeks.

"I loved you." He yells kicking me in the ribs causing me to scream out in pain. "Bitch." I get up slowly clutching my right side.

"Is that what you call this?" I ask letting the the tears fall down my cheeks not caring that he sees. Keith is still standing there when I start to walk around him. I pick up my clothes and start towards my bathroom. I close the door and start the water for a shower. I walk over to the mirror and see the bruises have already begun forming. I take my hoodie off and hang it on the door. I walk back to the mirror and take my T-shirt off. My right side isn't bruised yet but I feel the stinging pain. Tears stream down my cheeks as I finish stripping down and get into the shower. I let the hot water rush over me and try to wash Keith away from my skin. After about twenty minutes I turn off the water and step out. Grabbing a clean towel I dry off and walk back into my closet. I put on a clean bra and panty set I walk out of my closet continuing to dry my hair. Keith is laying on my bed. I can't deny he's handsome, he has shaggy dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. He's a wrestler, soccer player, and runs track as well as Cross Country he's fit and he's well built considering he has almost four different gym memberships. I sigh and grab my pants off of my bed. I start to step into them when Keith pulls me back, I feel his lips kiss my hip and instantly pull away. I pull my pants on and grab my shirt walking back into my closet i hang it back up and choose an ordinary grey crew neck T- shirt. My hair is still wet but I only have twenty minutes until I have to be at work. I walk over to the tub and ring my hair out as best as I can. I Finish drying it until it's only slightly damp. I look over at the mirror to see my chin and jaw are bruised. I apply moisturizer and gently dab cover-up on the developing bruises. Keith comes up behind me and rests his head on my shoulder. I feel his arms around my waist and in the mirror we look like a picture perfect couple but we're not a couple and it's everything but picture perfect.

"I'm sorry." He whispers kissing my shoulder.

"Yeah," I pause, "You're always sorry. A broken wrist, a broken arm, constantly being bruised up, several hospital visits and I'm always covering up for you, saying I'm clumsy, I tripped. I fell climbing. You're always sorry. Just go away." I hiss pushing him away from me. I flick the light off and go into my closet to grab a sweater. I hurry past Keith and rush down the stairs. I grab my bag off the counter and slam the garage door. Once in my truck tears start pooling over. I start the truck and pull out of the garage. I make it to work with two minutes left.

"Emersyn!" I hear Jaxon yell when I walk in. I'm not in the mood to deal with him so I hurry to the bathroom to check to make sure my bruises are covered. It's nights like this when I really miss mom the most. I had her picture on my bedside table and called her almost every day to every other day. I hadn't realized she was so unhappy, but one day after school I came home and found her unconscious, dad flew home immediately and she got admitted to the special place. I never liked saying it was a mental hospital, I almost always cried when people called her a crazy bitch or anything to that effect. I wiped my face and reapplied my concealer. When I opened the door Jaxon was standing there with his arms crossed.