Recording

The next morning Emily woke up to the smell of baked eggs. She got up and went downstairs to see Beca and Chloe making eggs. "Morning." She smiled. "Oh my god Em how can you look so good when you just woke up?" Beca asked. Emily just shrugged. "Want some eggs?" Chloe asked. "Sure." Emily answered as she sat down with them. "So today we're just gonna start with some stuff and as you know I haven't planned a thing so.." Beca said. Emily smiled, "Don't worry, it's not a problem, we can do this I'm sure. What are you gonna do?" She asked Chloe. "I'm gonna help, I don't know how, but maybe just the smallest things I can do for you two." Chloe said. "Great!" They finished dinner and got themselves dressed.

"Okay so I have 7 songs written and we could write some more together." Beca said as they all took a seat in the studio. "Sounds cool to me." Emily said. "How are we actually naming the album?" She asked. "I don't know yet, but we'll find something." Beca answered. "Cool, lets start." "Okay so here is the first song that I wrote, it's called if this is what it takes." Beca gave the piece of music to Emily. "You can play loads of instruments right?" Beca asked. Emily nodded. "Good, because Chlo and me want to sing this song as it's something special to us, but I'll explain after we sang." Beca said. "Sure I can play the piano first and then we'll do it with guitar." Emily suggested. "Perfect!" Emily got into the recording booth first and recorder the song once playing the guitar and then playing the piano. "Now lets mix those two instruments and then add our voices." Beca said. After Beca mixed the guitar and piano, Chloe and her got into the recording booth. "Ready?" Emily asked. Chloe and Beca nodded as they put their headphones on. Emily pushed the play button and music started to play.

If this is what it takes:

I watch your troubled eyes as you rest,

And I fall in love with every breath.

Wonder if those eyes are really shut,

And am I the one you're dreaming of?

'Cause underneath the darkness

There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.

And I know this 'cause I've noticed

A little bit shining through the seams.

And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain.

Oh if this is what it takes

I'll break down these walls that are in our way,

If this is what it takes.

You keep on telling me I'm wasting time,

But to call it wasting time oh that's a crime.

And you think it's crazy what I'm trying to do.

Well baby, I'm a fool for you.

'Cause underneath the darkness

There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.

And I know this 'cause I've noticed

A little bit shining through the seams.

And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain.

Oh if this is what it takes

I'll break down these walls that are in our way,

'Cause if you don't understand yet

Then I'll never let you forget

That you don't have to do this on your own.

I'll be your shoulder to lean on.

I'll be your right when you feel wrong.

So come on, take my hand, we're moving on.

And if this is what it takes,

Then let me be the one to bear the pain.

Oh and if this is what it takes,

Then I'll break down these walls,

These walls that are in our way.

If this is what it takes.

They finished the song all in tears. Happy tears though. Although Emily didn't really know what it was about, as she saw both of them she could imagine it pretty much and she just got emotional.

"Wow..." Was all Emily could say. They all dried their tears and sat down together. "I'll explain to you Em." Beca said. "Two years ago Chloe said most of this song to me, I collected that and some other things we have said in our past and some extra bit of my feelings and ended up with this." Beca explained. "This is amazing and it's only the first song." They all smiled. "Thanks Em." Chloe said. "Oh and we don't have to do it over, I listened to it and it sounds perfect to me so." Emily said. "Good."

They finished some more songs, Emily singing, Beca singing, Emily playing and sometimes a little extra of Chloe singing.

They finished all the written songs after five days and were now about to write some more songs. "So I'm not really good at this, you probably have to help me a lot." Emily said. "It's okay." Beca said. "We gotta start of by just writing simple thoughts down. If you have anything you want to say, just say it." Beca said as she took a piece of paper and a pen.