Chapter 14: Secrets

"Katie you have to tell them." Kelly said sternly as she sat on the edge of Katie's bed.
Katie lay her head against the headboard fiddling with her nails. "I can't."
"But your lying to them all saying that your better waltzing into classrooms pretending your fine, and your not!" Kelly told Katie raising her voice.
"It's just my appendix, no big deal." Katie muttered.
"No big deal?!" Kelly yelled, "you were throwing up everywhere and when we were about to take you to the hospital to get it removed you wouldn't go and now your make yourself even more ill!"
"I can look after myself." Katie screamed.
"You are an idiot." Kelly said scornfully storming out of the room and slamming the door.
Katie's eyes brimmed up with tears, it wasn't her fault that she didn't want to get it removed, it wasn't her fault that she had a fear of operations due to her past. She didn't want to tell anyone that she was still sick she would hate everyone to follow and pity her.
There was a light knock on the door. Katie quickly wiped the tears away.
"Come in." She said.
Her dad opened the door, "you've got a visitor."
Clara came into view beaming a massive smile.
Katie's dad shut the door as Clara came up to Katie nervously.
"Katie your not fooling anyone you know."
Katie looked up. "What do you mean?"
Clara sat down on the bed. "I know your still sick, and you can't hide it forever."
Katie stared at her, she was starting to get nervous. What if Clara told Tom? Or Quinn? Or anyone?
"It's my appendix, I don't want to get it removed." Katie confessed.
"You have to! There's no choice." Clara said with shock.
"Yes there is!" Katie yelled.
"Your going to get seriously ill." Clara warned her.
"I don't care." Katie said quietly.
"Have you told anyone else?" Clara asked.
Katie shook her head.
"Not even Tom? Or Quinn?"
"No."
"I can keep a secret Katie, if you want me to keep it a secret."
Katie smiled. "Thanks."
Clara hugged her.
"Ow." Katie whimpered.
"Oops sorry, yeah it must hurt." Clara apologised.
"It's alright, thanks Clara"
"It's ok, that's what friends do for each other don't they." Clara smiled.

Janice ran up to Quinn spritely the next day beaming a massive smile.
"Oh hey Jan." Quinn said opening his locker.
"Hey, how would you like going to the cinema with me on Friday?" Janice asked.
"I'd love too!" Quinn replied.
"Great." Janice squealed before walking off to fine her friends.
"Yes! Get in!" Quinn yelled.
"What are you so excited about?" Tom asked.
"I've got a date with Janice and she was the one that asked me!" Quinn screamed.
Tom's eyes widened.
"No way..."
"Yes way!"
"Where?"
"At the cinema!"
Quinn's smile faded."look I know you don't like Janice, but you just need to get to know her better she's a really nice girl"
"Well just as long as your happy mate that's all that matters." Tom said.

"Does anyone know the answer to this equation?" Mr Fisher asked the half asleep class who was paying no attention to the lesson so whatsoever.
"As long as we had Benny with us." Tom muttered as he looked next to him to see Katie lying on the desk fast asleep.
"Katie?" He nudged her shoulder then started pinching her.
She shot her head up. "Ow, what?"
"Were you asleep?" Tom whispered.
"Maybe...my eyes hurt and this lesson is a load of crap so I have an excuse at this point."
"Quinn, how about you?" Mr fisher said staring right at Quinn.
"I don't know sir." Quinn mumbled.
"Come on have a guess?" Mr Fisher smiled mischievously.
"Hydrogen oxide?" Quinn guessed pulling a look.
"That's right, well done Quinn." Mr Fisher praised writing it on the board.
"Forget Einstein I think I could get a degree in science." Quinn joked pulling at his jumper.
The class laughed.

As Friday rolled around Quinn got ready for his date at the cinema.
"You didn't tell me you were going anywhere." Quinn's mum said as she entered his room.
He smiled. "Yeah I'm going to the cinema with a friend."
"With a friend, huh? Or maybe a girlfriend." Quinn's mum joked.
"She's a girl and she's not my girlfriend, not yet anyway." Quinn told her grabbing a hoodie from which was hooked on the edge of the door.
"Well, if your goal is to get her to be your girlfriend by the end of this date my only advice is, don't try to hard." His mum told him adding a grin.
"Alright mum, thanks."

As Janice and Quinn were watching the movie Quinn couldn't even concentrate on it, he was more bothered about how he was going to finally ask Janice out after weeks of spending time together.
After the movie it was already 7:00 and it was starting to get dark, Janice and Quinn walked along the lonely quiet streets not saying a word.
"Jan...um this is a bit embarrassing." Quinn spoke up ready to tell Janice the truth.
"What is it?" Janice asked as she stopped walking and stared at him.
"Um, there's something I've wanted to ask you, for ages." Quinn started awkwardly.
Janice looked into his shining blue eyes. "Yeah, what?"
"Well since I first saw you, I...I mean what I'm trying to say is." Quinn stuttered as Janice started smiling.
"I know what your going to say Quinn." She cut in as she slipped her hand into his.
"You do?"
She nodded as her smile turned bigger.
"The answers yes." She said.
Quinn stared at her and then leaned in and kissed her. He'd never been more happy in his life and now the fact that Janice knew what he was going to say before he asked the question was truly magical for him. He didn't care if anyone disapproved of it at least he is happy and so is Janice.