Chapter 19: Never time

Everyone clambered back on the bus exhausted, they had to get up more earlier than usual to pack everything back in their sleep over bags and kept making sure they hadn't forgot anything.
Katie sat next to Janice which confused Tom because one minute they act like worst enemies and the next they act like nothing happened the last couple of days.
"Oi," Tom said tapping Katie lightly on the shoulder.
Katie turned her head smiling at him.
"I thought you agreed sitting next to me." Tom continued slightly disappointed.
"Oh I wanted to sit next to Jan instead." Katie told him.
"Right." Tom said awkwardly walking to the back of the bus.
"What's up with him?" Janice asked as she'd been watching what happened.
"Oh, he's just peed off that I didn't sit next to him." Katie told her plastering a fake smile on her face.

1 hour later
"Yeah I'm fine mum." Katie said slinging her bag over her shoulder while on the phone to her mum.
Tom came up behind her waiting for her to finish her phone call as he really needed to talk to her.
"Ok bye." Katie sighed turning around before having a fright of her life.
"Tom! Don't do that! You scared the living daylights out of me."
"Sorry, look Katie I need to talk to you." Tom said grabbing her hand and pulling her along away from everyone else.
"What?" Katie asked.
"Look Katie it's strange how you complain about Janice one minute and the next your acting like best mates. What's going on?"
Katie looked away.
"Look it's a secret I can't tell you." Katie told him.
"I thought we promised no secrets from each other." Tom said firmly.
"Well you'd didn't keep that promise for long then did you?" Katie snapped.
"What are you talking about?" Tom asked.
Katie glared at him.
"I know your hiding something from me, there's a thing about you I've tried to put my finger on since the day I first met you...what is it?"
Tom didn't say anything.
Katie shrugged her shoulders obviously hurt. "Fine then."
Before Tom got a chance to call her back she was already walking away.

"Let me stir it gran." Clara said taking the wooden spoon of ursula.
"Are you sure sweetheart." She asked.
"Gran..I'm not stupid your cookings terrible anyway so let me do it." Clara said making Michael laugh.
Tom walked in the house sadly, hanging his coat up on the rack sighing.
He could never tell Katie that he was a wizard, not again, it would break her heart, but she was still starting to suspect him.
"No, no! Dad stop!" Clara squeals flicking spicy sauce at him.
Tom narrowed his eyebrows as he walked towards the kitchen as he heard the drama.
"What's going on?" He asked as he saw Clara stirring a pan and his gran laying out the table.
"We're getting ready." Clara says putting more spice in the mix.
"For what?" Tom asks.
"Didn't you know sweetheart?" Ursula asked as she set out the plates.
"No." Tom said.
"Benny's coming round for dinner. We want a catch up and I also want to meet him." Clara explained.
"Well how come I didn't know." Tom snapped.
Clara stared at him.
"Last minute organisation, and didn't you get the texts?" 
"My phones been dead since we came back on the bus so no."
Clara rolled her eyes, "well you better get ready then, Benny will be here in half an hour."
"Fine." Tom groaned walking sloppily up the stairs.
Clara pulled a dirty look turning back round to face Ursula.
"What's up with him."
"He's had a long journey he'll be probably be better after he's got some good food in belly." Ursula smiled sweetly.

"Katie you've been moping about ever since you came back from the school trip." Kelly said switching the TV on as she sat on the sofa next to Katie.
"It's nothing." Katie muttered scrolling through her phone.
"Don't lie to me Katie Lord." Kelly snapped snatching the phone out of Katie's hand.
"Oi! Give me my phone back now you little cow." Katie yelled launching at Kelly to get the phone back.
"Get off me you bitch." Kelly screamed.
"GIRLS! ENOUGH!" Their dad yelled making them immediately stop fighting.
He sighed angrily, "I am absolutely sick and tired of you two fighting all the time all it is every time I get up in the morning and come home from work its you two screaming at each other no matter what day it is."
Kelly and Katie glared at each other.
"So that's what sisters do." Kelly muttered.
"Kelly drop the attitude, you both know it's not just you two, your little sister lives under this roof as well and she doesn't want to listen to you two rambling on all the time about silly little things like phones and boyfriends!" He paused while Katie folded her arms looking away. "I work everyday in that electronic store and I want to come home and relax maybe have a cup of tea and watch a bit of sport on the telly, I'm sorry I can't, because I have you two arguing all the time, your little sister screaming the place down every 5 minutes, and your grandad that needs looked after! Girls you seriously need to start pulling your weight around here." He continued.
Kelly looked at him scornfully, "dad are you thick, we've been taking shifts at that electronic store since you first opened the business up, we've took turns to look after our little brat of a sister and we've been helping grandad cleaning old crap from his theatre and your saying we need to pull our weight. For your information me and Katie probably don't even have time to fight or do anything anymore, we are tired so tired and your making it worse by screaming at us!"
"Kelly! It's not just you! I don't have any time either! We haven't got little fairies that can just do every thing for us."
"I wish, I'm already behind on my coursework only because I have to clean after your mess." Kelly screamed leaping off the sofa.
"Don't you dare go anywhere young lady." Katie and Kelly's dad yelled his face going beet red.
"You can't tell me what to do! I'm 18 now I can do what I flippin' want!" Kelly yelled storming down the hall way and slamming the front door behind her.
Katie just sat stunned on the sofa staring at her dad, first she has a fight with Tom, and then this...
Can this day get any worse?