Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The mass of red humans began to melt before them, like they were in an incinerator. They all gave off distorted growls and warped sounds, sounding faintly human. One hand gripped onto Mami’s arm. It slipped off sloppily, leaving a trail of wet, red hand mark behind. She swung the last of the fingers off. Surprisingly the finger broke off from the hand clean. The rest landed on the group, spattering like tomato paste. It began to slide towards the congregating mass of undulating of paste like substance. It began to rose, slowly at first, gradually morphing in size.

“Oh Shit…” Tomo whimpered. She peered at the growing humanoid outside; her hands still clung onto Rina unconsciously tight. Rina seemed unnaturally calm. Everyone seemed too mesmerised to even move.

Mami swung a bolt of electricity at the back of the massive paste-like humanoid. The bolt left a grill mark on its back, with no other effect. A dash pasta sauce aroma drifted by.

“Goddamn it!” Mami yelled. “Guys watch out!” The humanoid smashed its fist into the kido barrier. Haruna directed the water to cushion his strike. The building rumbled nonetheless.

Rina felt Tomo finally release her suction grip. She turned around, her mind went blank; dazed. From nowhere Tomo manage to get her hands on a M72 LAW (Light Anti-Tank Weapon).

“Alright! Out of the way!” She said, storming out of the entrance doors, with the tubed weapon on her shoulder. She loaded weapon and aimed through the scope. The ammunition took a large chunk of its abdomen and “private” area (if it had one).

“Uhh that gotta hurt…” Koji hissed, cringing when the shot was fired.

“I think she did that on purpose.” Rina said nonchalantly. Her arms crossed. The humanoid didn’t seem to realise a considerate portion of his body was gone. It swung its mega fist at Tomo.

 Tomo jumped out of the way and blasted its head off with her second blow, the red paste sprayed all over her.

They watched as it lost its balance. Tomo gave another shot through the centre, making sure it really toppled over. She licked the paste splattered on her face. “This tastes much better than those supermarket pasta sauces…” she said to herself and continued to lick her fingers.

Mami watched as the figure fell back… towards her. She froze up. Her sword dropped to the ground.

“Move you idiot!” She thought she heard Haruna scream.  She put her hands over her head as it came down. The ground shook. She hugged tighter.

“Why don’t I feel anything…?” she thought.

“You can snap out of it now…” Haruna yelled

She was in the middle of the blasted hole. Mami shaken, grabbed her sword and flash stepped out. Nearly tumbling over, her legs were like jelly… she couldn’t support herself.

Haruna could tell Mami was visibly shaken.

“Don’t let that scare you…” She tried to smile.

“Yeah… try saying that when you’ve been squished by it.” Mami said sarcastically as she tried to get up.

Haruna’s face turned grim, she crossed her arms. “Now how am I going to dispose of this massive red mass?”

“I’ll eat it!” Tomo pipped.

Haruna and Mami’s jaws dropped.

“I’m joking!” Tomo giggled at their faces.

“But-but that stuff could be poisonous!” Haruna stuttered.

“I haven’t double over in pain yet. I’m sure it’s fine.”