Chapter 15 Do or not to do...

Chapter 15

Do or not to do…

The 5 stood in the last light staring on at the black figure. Haruna lifelessly slumped out his arms into the space next to him.

1st Brother: “You have her back…” He smashed foot into Haruna’s stomach. She groaned and went silent.

Tokuma snake slithered over and grabbed Haruna in his jaw and slithered back.

Tokuma: What do you want?

1st Brother: “You… and this” He reached inside his garment and pulled out a tattered old book.

Mami’s mouth went dry, she tried to swallow but the stone in her throat stopped her. Her inside wanted to cry out “No”.

Tokuma: You can have neither.

1st Brother: I’m taking both… whether you like it or not…

Tomo: “Shut up unless your brain wants to taste bullets…” Her finger on the trigger, her eyes narrowing on her target

1st Brother: You know bullets don’t work on bullets… human

Tomo: “If you haven’t realise this isn’t a normal gun boy…” She tightened her grip a little further. “I’ll get a tip… run!”

1st Brother smirked. “Humans are the dumbest…”

Tomo: “That’s you as well… you’re offending yourself as well…”  Her hand pulled back into a fist. The hammer reeled back and slammed into the bullet’s primer. The bullet fired into the space defying time and space flying like a shooting star. The bullet drilled into the flesh into the bone, through the bone. 1st Brother let a shrill. Tomo lowered the revolver. “Score…” She grinned and slipped the gun back in its holster.

Mami: You’re carrying a gun?!

Tomo: Not a normal gun… only spirits can see it…

1st Brother: “Well well… your bullet has no effect on me…” The gunshot warped and twisted back to normal.

Tomo sneered. “That’s what you think…” she giggled. “Boom!” Tomo laughed even harder, a little too unnaturally… she bent over trying to catch her breath, continuing to laugh 1st Brother scream even louder… the blood and flesh exploded splattering Mami, Tokuma, Rina and Koji.

Rina: “Eww…” her face in digust. She gingerly picked at the bloody, severed finger from her shoulder and flicked it away… Mami stood completely frozen with fear like a statue.

1st Brother: “Damn you…” He staggered back clutching the bloodied stump where his arm once was. Blood licked his garment dripping into the space below. The sword landed on the space next to him with a light clink. Agony’s wrapped its tentacles around his body and soul screaming at him it chanted steadily “kill her kill her kill her”. He breathed in the irony air and licked his bloody lips. “the taste of blood…” he thought.

He closed his eyes. Tomo’s high pitch laughter pierced his ears. He clenched his teeth from the agony and laughter, “fear” he muttered through his teeth. The laughter stopped... He opened his eyes. The last of the sun’s rays had been defeated by the engulfing darkness. Rina turned around in shock horror to find her friends frozen like statues. Tomo frozen in mid motion, Mami’s eyes in shock Haruna tried to prop herself on the serpents enormous body. “My, my” she sighed, clutching her enormous wound.  

Rina: Haruna! I thought you were…

Haruna: “Pfft I don’t die that easily…” she chuckled “Ah….” She bit her lip in agony. “Go on Rina you can do it!”