n i n e

"We're not together, mum!" Dan said for the second time in 5 minutes.

"You two seem too close to be friends." She stated.

Dan looked at Phil, mentally apologizing and giving him a sorry look on his face.
Phil just laughed, he seemed comfortable, too comfortable.
Dan mentally noted this and continued the conversation with his mother.

"We're just friends, mum. We just watched almost 7 hours of American Horror Story. That's friendship at its peak." Said Dan staring at his mother.

They continued eating making small talk within each other.
All of them jumped a bit when they heard Dan's mother's phone go off.

"Hello?" She answered in that fake voice. Dan knew she always did this.

"Oh. Okay. I'll let her know." Her face was a bit sunken in when she turned back to Dan and Phil.

"Daniella, the school called about the recent, um, events online." She said not making it too detailed.

Phil knew, but didn't know enough to understand what Dan's mother was saying.
"And?" He said.

"They can't do a thing about it." She told him with despair.
Dan sighed.

"I'm not hungry anymore. Phil you can bring it up to my room if you want to." Dan said glancing at Phil's plate. He was basically done.

"Thank you for dinner, Mrs. and Mr. Howell. It was lovely." Phil said with a smile.

"Aw. Of course, Phil." She said.

Dan grabbed Phil's hand pulled him upstairs, not saying a word.
As soon as the door to Dan's room was shut, Dan collapsed in the bed covering his face.

"Danny..?" Phil said.

Dan sat up. Adjusting his big hoodie.

"Take me for a drive." He mumbled.

"W-what?" Phil said confused.

"Take me for a drive." Dan said a little bit louder.

"Okay." Phil obliged.

Dan nodded. And went to go change his sweater. He didn't feel like wearing a bulky one. He had a tight tee shirt under neath.
He pulled it off and Phil stared at him quizzically.

"Where do they-um-where do they..?" Phil said turning pink.

Dan let out a little laugh.
"Underneath a bandage." He said.

"That doesn't seem safe, Dan." Phil said tilting his head a bit.

"It's all I have..." Dan trailed off.

He put on a slightly large black long sleeve shirt on over and grabbed Phil's hand.

"Mum, Dad, we're going for a drive. We'll be back later."

"Where are you two going?" His father asked.

"I don't know." Dan said.