f i f t e e n

-RECAP: ok so the story is now set about 2 years after the accident happened-

--

--

--

I can't believe this, Phil thought to himself.

He had been in prison for almost two years...after the accident.

He started to speed out of anger, he lost control and couldn't stop. He could hear Dan's pleads in his mind, but it was too late to answer them. He hadn't heard from Dan in two years. Phil had assumed he had killed him...

It was finally time that Phil was getting out of prison. He was put in there numerous accounts. He was found guilty of kidnapping Dan, he was found guilty of being with a minor, and found guilty for being under the influence while driving.

Phil remembered doing some lines before Dan woke up that morning. He couldn't put up with Dan's mother sober. And when it started to wear off, that's when he got angry and started to speed. If the drugs couldn't get him the speed he needed, he took it into his own hands.

He got accustomed to the prison life easily. He knew he deserved it, after all.

"Lester! Let's go!" The officer yelled at him.

It was the words Phil had been waiting for so long.

He noticed the eyes of the other prisoners on him. Eyes full of anger because he was getting out.

______________________________

He got a ride from his mother to his old apartment.

She ended up caring for his grandmother, the one he was supposed to take care of, whom died 4 months after the accident.

"How are you, Phil?" She asked him.

"I don't know..." He said.

He had become more bitter over the years. He wasn't as kind as he was, he didn't care about anime, or colors or anything else.

"Phil, please..." She said.

"I just want to know if Dan is okay." He said staring out the window. He was playing with his sweater sleeve.

"I haven't heard a thing." She said.

"Have you checked? And I mean fully? Like his social media, his skype, his Twitter?" He said.

"Honey, I have no clue what any of that means. I checked with the hospital and they said he was discharged. That's all they would tell me."

Phil's face began to get hot. He wanted to know if Dan was okay. He didn't care if Dan still loved him or not, he just wanted to know he didn't mess up Dan's life even more. They drove the rest of the way in silence.

_____________________
"I've tried to keep the place as clean as possible. I took out all the food from the refrigerator, I the laundry a while ago, and I just dusted the place. I stopped your phone and cable bill since no one was using it. I used the money you had to pay for the electric, I hope that was okay?" Phil's mother told him.