s i x t e e n

Name: Daniella Howell

Time of death: 2:35 am.

Cause of death: overdose (suicide)

Found by: Mother And Father

Age: 18

______________________________
Phil's POV

The world turned grey after I saw the news report on Monday night.

-----
'A teenage girl was found last night in her home dead.

It's thought to be a suicide without any shown intentions.

Her name was Daniella Howell.'
-----
I couldn't breathe after seeing it. I tried to convince myself it wasn't true. I tried to say that the picture they were showing wasn't my Dan. Because it really wasn't.

But it was Dan. He wasn't himself though. He was wearing pink, and a dress, and his hair was long. And he wasn't Dan.

Tonight was his funeral. I was going to confront his parents and get the revenge Dan deserved.

I put on my black suit, and a pair of converse. I had gotten a hair cut a month ago after I got back from that horrid place.

Before leaving, I glanced at the two items I had set out on my table. There was a single red rose, and some random item. I slid it into my pocket of my suit and put the rose next to it.

I walked outside to where my mother had parked her car, waiting for me. I didn't want her coming in with me so I told her to only pick me up.

While driving to the funeral, she didn't speak a single word to me. I think she knew how hard this would be for me to take in. And I have to say, I respect her for that.

As we pulled up to the funeral home, I began to speak.

"I love you, and I'm so lucky to have you." I told her.

"I love you too, Phil." She said with a tear in her eye. I hadn't told her I loved her in awhile. I figured now was a good enough time.

I stepped out of the car and walked into where the funeral was being held. There was a lot of people there, but I was searching for Dan's parents in particular.

I moved through the commotion, holding onto my jacket pocket where the rose had been placed. There was people crying and weeping. But I'm sure it was people that didn't really care about Dan.

Once I made my way to the front, I saw Dan's parents. They were being comforted by some strangers I had never seen before.

I began to listen in on their conversation.

"It'll be okay, she's in a good place now." Which was followed by some weeping from Dan's parents.

I chuckled to myself. It's been two years, and now he's dead, and you still can't use the word 'he', I said to myself. I already knew what I was going to say to them. I knew exactly what I wanted to say.