1. One Year

The Flaw in Your Heart Sequel - Scares You Being Alone

Chapter 1

It's been a year since Dan's coma, and since all of that happened. Tessa is now 16 and at college. (Please do re- read parts of the original story if you want to refresh your mind of everything!)

Tessa's POV

"Sorry!" I called behind my shoulder as I accidentally almost knocked a man over as I rushed to jump onto the tube. It was jam packed however I managed to craftily sneak through to the other side and held onto the pole as the train abruptly set off. This is a benefit of being a very tiny human being- you can sneak yourself through crowds a whole lot quicker.

My phone began buzzing in my pocket and I fumbled around to get it out to answer to whoever it was. I took a glance at the screen before answering to see Dan's name at the top. I rolled my eyes, he always rang when I was in an awkward position to talk. I slid my thumb across the scratched screen and put it to my ear nevertheless, "Hey Dan".

"Tess, hello- where are you?" He answered.

"On the tube back from college, on the way to the studio", I replied.

"Oh good okay!" He said. "I wasn't sure if you knew to come to the studio- that's why I'm ringing"

"You told me this morning like five times and texted me earlier", I replied, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, yeah... I forgot", he said. "Sorry about that then Tess, I'll see you soon then haha"

"You're such a dick, alright see you soon", I smiled, as I hung up.

Oh Dan, he's such a sweet idiot.

One of the things he never fully regained from the coma was his memory. I mean, the overall function works, just sometimes sections of it such as parts of his short term memory decide to not work properly which I know pisses him off. I don't mind though, every single day I wake up and feel so grateful to have my amazing brother alive and well. He's the best.

A few stops later and I was squeezing my way through the crowds once again as I reached my stop and came out onto the platform. I held onto my backpack straps as I made my way towards the Way Out signs.

"Is that Tessa Smith?!" I heard a shriek from behind me, and I turned around abruptly to see a group of girls in school uniforms pointing towards me. I smiled and waved to them.

"It is!!" the girl shrieked again. "Hi Tessa!!"

"Hey!" I called, dropping behind the crowds towards them.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe it's you!" the girl's friend said, her eyes wide.

"Haha, how're you doing?" I asked, trying to act as normal as I could. It still freaked me out that 'fans' would come up to me sometimes, the Stormers were so lovely, but it was a little bewildering to me. It made sense that they'd fangirl around one of the guys – but around me?! Crazy.

"We're good thank you!" she grinned. "Can you possibly sign my phone case?!" she asked.

I signed her phone case with a Sharpie she swiftly produced and signed the other girls' cases too.

"It's so weird doing this – I don't feel like I should have fans!!" I laughed.

"Of course you should! You're so talented!" the original girl said, looking at me in amazement.

"Not so much as Dan and the guys, but thank you!" I smiled.

"How is Dan doing?" another girl asked, just as we moved over a little to let more people through from the platforms.