3) "I Love You"

Chloe sent Beca back to her room, promising that she'd be back to see her in a few minutes. She closed the door quietly and moved towards the stairs. At the bottom, she walked into the lounge where all the Bellas had congregated.

"You ready?" Cynthia Rose asked as they all prepared to move.

"Change of plans," Chloe sighed.

"Don't give me that crap, Beale," Fat Amy interjected. "This is gonna be good for you, remember?"

"I know, Amy. But Beca's sick. I feel bad leaving her by herself."

The Bellas all nodded in understanding. They had an idea as to how Chloe felt. And if they were right, they knew why she wouldn't want to go.

"You gonna be alright?" Amy asked.

"Perfectly,"

The rest of the Bellas left the house and made their way to the party while Chloe re-entered her room and pulled off the evening's clothes. She removed her earrings before putting back on the large grey shirt from earlier. She pulled on a pair of shorts and left the room, on her way to Beca.

Beca was lying limply on her bed when Chloe entered.

"How you feeling, Bec?" She asked as she moved towards her. Chloe sat down on the edge of the bed and placed a hand on Beca's leg.

"Managing, Beale." She sighed, patting the space on the bed beside her - gesturing for Chloe to come closer. The redhead gulped in response, moving nearer.

"You want something to eat?" She asked quietly, her voice soothing to Beca.

"What did you have in mind?" She smiled weakly.

"Hmm," She considered as Beca sniffed on beside her. "Pancakes, maybe?"

Chloe knew about her fondness of them and her complete dislike of soup - the kind of thing a person would usually make for someone ill.

"Oh my god, would you?" Beca responded, smiling widely under her sniffly nose. Chloe smiled back and nodded. "Jeez, I love you."

Chloe gulped, her face falling. I love you, she'd said. In the moment; in passing. It didn't mean a thing to her, did it? The amount of times she'd longed to say the same thing but never dared, knowing how much she'd mean it. She didn't think Beca would be harsh enough to do that to her normally. Maybe it was just her being sick, she thought.

"Alright then," Chloe responded, patting Beca's leg. "I'll be back soon."