Prologue

"Shit!" I yelped.

A sharp, metal object was penetrated through my leg from the fall. I had miscalculated my jump. I couldn't pull it out now. I didn't have time to. They were chasing Ash and I. Ash jumped from the second floor as well and landed in the pool I was in. Luckily, she didn't jump on or into any of the junk floating in the pool, unlike me.

I pulled myself out of the pool, soaking wet. Blood turned the clear water around me into a crimson red. When I got out blood oozed from my left thigh. I snarled at the pain. Ash pulled her head above water and swam toward me.

"Scar, are you alright?" She exclaimed. Her worried eyes scanned my whole body and stopped on my hurt leg. "We have to get you help," she stated.

"What help, Ash? There's no one right now. We have to go, the Screamers are coming for us." I stated back. She looked into my eyes, at first giving me a slight glare, then she changed her look, looking more concerned. I got up and limped a bit, wincing when I put my weight on my hurt leg. "C'mon."

We heard chanting from the building we had jumped from. They were yelling and screaming. They revealed themselves from the second floor and saw us standing there.

"Shit, we have to go!" I grabbed Ash and began running. With each step, I felt blood pump out of my leg, only hurting more. I limped horribly, as Ash put my arm around her to help me run. We heard splashes behind us. "Faster!" I exclaimed.

I could hear Ash's panting growing heavier. She suddenly let go of my arm and couldn't run as fast anymore. "Ash, c'mon!" She slowed down to a walk and looked at me. Her eyelids drooped over her eyes. She couldn't keep them open. She suddenly stood there, then collapsed on the ground.

Oh no, I thought. This can't be happening now!