The Taxi Driver

I woke up with a headache. When I opened my eyes I noticed that I was in the hallway of my 'boyfriends' apartment. He must have kicked me out. I really don't remember from the night before, an awful night. I stood up and my legs felt weak. I felt terrible.

I didn't even bother going into my ass of a boyfriends apartment. I just walked out of the building with a few weird stares. I went into the bathroom and looked at my smeared makeup from crying. I wiped it off and walked out of the bathroom.

I waited on the sidewalk for a taxi. One pulled up next to me and I hopped in.

"I'm sorry I only have 3 bucks, but I'll pay you when I get to my dads." I said to the taxi driver without looking at him.

"That's enough ma'am." His deep voice said.

I looked up at him and his deep blue eyes stared back at me. I felt my face blush and I looked away.

"Where too?" He said clearing his throat.

My head ached even more from the alcohol last night. I couldn't even remember if my dad had left for his business trip. I gave him my dads address and it took at least 20 min to get there. Dads car was not in the driveway. I knew then that dad was already gone.

"Crap." I sighed getting out of the car.

I looked back at him and he was smiling.

"He isn't home is he?" He chuckled.

I was furious that he would even think this was funny. Does he even know what I've been through? He shouldn't be laughing.

"You think this is funny? I don't even have anywhere to go and you are just-" He interrupted my speech.

"You can stay at my place." He grinned.

I couldn't believe what he had just said. He didn't even know me and he would let me into his home? Well not that I'm a bad person, but still he doesn't know that. Wait should I trust a taxi driver?

I stood there awkwardly debating whether I should trust him. I mean he looked harmless. I finally agreed and got back into the taxi.

"I'm fixing to get off in like 5 minutes." He explained. I nodded and sat quietly.

After 5 minutes we arrived at the taxi place and he dropped off the car. We got into his truck and drove off. I listened as old country songs played on the radio. I smiled as my mothers favorite song was played, but it brought too many memories back.

"You okay?" He broke the silence. I nodded without saying anything. I was a little paranoid, since I was with a stranger.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Madelyn. What's yours?" I asked shyly.

"Beautiful name." He said before pausing. I felt my heart beat faster in my chest. Good thing it was dark, because I blushed big time. He made me nervous for some reason.

"My name is Delon." He said quietly.

Such a different name.

"Nice name." I smiled. He smiled back before turning his eyes back on the road.

It was only about 10 minutes before we got to a apartment building. Delon brought me up the stairs and unlocked his door. We walked into the small, but nice apartment. It looked like Delon was a decent person.

"Are you hungry? Or thirsty?" Delon said. I didn't even realize that he had been watching me look around. I felt embarrassed.

"Um, no. I'm fine." I said even though my stomach rumbled for food.

-Delon P.O.V

"Are you hungry? Or thirsty?" I asked the beautiful girl who was standing in my apartment. She spun around and her long wavy hair flew everywhere, perfectly.

"Um, no. I'm fine." She said in a quite shy voice.

I knew she was hungry, but she must be scared too, I mean if I was with a stranger I'd be terrified.

"I'll make you something." I smiled.

"No, really it's fine. I just want to shower and get some clean clothes on." She smiled.

I lead her to the bathroom in my room and gave her some fresh clothes of mine. She got into the shower. I went back into the kitchen and began to cook.

********

Well, I hope you enjoyed it! I enjoy writing it so that means you should enjoy reading it :)) if you don't like it then please keep that you yourself.

Comment if you have something nice to say or any thing that I need to fix possibly? :)

Follow? Maybe?

Vote?

-Kimberly ;)

P.S. Please get my other book 'We're together' :D

Thank you :p

So so so so so much!