Chapter Four

The night with Delon was fantastic. I really was starting to like him. It was just that sparkle in him that made me smile. Every time I saw him, he would make me feel happy again. The kind of happy, I felt when my mother was around.

Last night I had fell asleep in Delon's bed. I rolled over and Delon was fast asleep. He looked so peaceful. The sun was starting to peek through the window. I yawned and froze when I heard the front door open. I closed my eyes pretending I was asleep.

"Delon!" A male voice spoke. "Delon, man where are you?"

Delon jumped up out of bed and looked at me. Soon a guy walked into the room with shock on his face. His cheeks turned a scarlet red as he looked at the ground.

"Uh, I'm sorry." He said quickly. "I didn't know. I'll just wait in here." He pointed to the living room and backed out.

Delon looked at me and smiled.

"That's Gary." He got up and went into the bathroom.

I went to Delon's dresser and found a shirt and a pair of sweat pants. Then I walked into the living room where Gary had went. Gary was sitting on the couch drinking a coke. When he noticed me he looked up and smiled.

"I'm Gary." He said standing up.

"Madelyn." I smiled and shook his hand. I went into the kitchen and poured a glass of milk.

-Delon P.O.V

I went into the bathroom and washed my face. I put a shirt on and then I heard Gary in the living room introducing his self.

"I'm Gary." he said standing up as I walked into the room.

"Madelyn." She smiled. Wow, she was beautiful every time I saw her. Even though she had just woke up, she was still beautiful. Her hair all messed up made her look more adorable. Ah, what am I saying? Could I be falling for a girl I met not long ago?

Lynn went to the small kitchen and poured some milk in a glass. She smiled at me before taking a small sip.

"So? Delon, we have practice today." Gary said.

I turned towards him. "As far as I know. Is Butterfinger still coming?" I said.

Butterfinger is another one of my friends. No, his real name isn't Butterfinger. We call him that because he always has a Butterfinger or is eating one. Yeah, it kinda stuck so he's Butterfinger now. Besides Butterfinger is a lot better than Mike. Right?

Madelyn turned her head and have us a confused look.

"Butterfinger? Practice for what?" She said sitting on the couch.

I never really told her about anything I do besides driving a taxi.

"Delon, you didn't tell your girlfriend?" Gary said.

I shot him a warning glare. Lynn's whole face was scarlet red. I knew that embarrassed her. I slapped Gary in the back of the head.

"She is my friend not my girlfriend." I said sternly.

"Oh..uh...sorry." Gary said. "I'll just wait outside. Nice meeting you Madelyn." He winked at her and left.

"So what's going on?" She asked with creased eyebrows as soon as the door clicked.

"Well, I have a band. We sing other artists songs at bars or parks. It is something I do other than driving the taxi." I said simply.

"Can I come?" She beamed and smiled her beautiful smile. I wanted to tell her how beautiful she was. I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to know the reason she had cried in my arms for hours. Yeah, I wanted to know a lot but I couldn't push her. I didn't want to lose someone so nice.