Chapter Five

I had thought about Delon a lot. I mostly thought about how amazing I felt around him and how his kiss made me want more. I was really starting to like him, but I'm afraid of starting a new relationship then it not working. I don't want to be hurt or let down like I was with James.

It really surprised me that James hadn't tried finding me or calling me. Usually every time I left him he'd find me and make me go back to him. This time I know I'll stay away from him.

I was laying on my back when my phone went off. I jumped a little and pick it up. My eyes lilt up when I saw the name across the screen ,Delon.

'Hey, I was a little worried when you ran out of the car last night. I am really starting to like you...a lot. I hope you would like to go out again sometime?'

I smiled and felt horrible for running away.

'I am sorry. I really like you too and I'd love to go out again.'

I waited for About five minutes an started to worry.

'I understand and I'm glad. I will call you.'

About 5 seconds after I read the text I got a call.

"Hello?" I said nervously.

"Hey, Lynn." Delon said.

"So, when is our date?" I smiled.

Delon chuckled. "Tomorrow? We have a concert." He said.

"Oh, I'd love to go! What time?" I said excitedly.

"It starts at nine." He said.

"Okay, I'll be ready at eight thirty." I said.

"I'll be there."

At that we hung up. I looked through my closet for something to wear. I didn't want to wear pants so I looked through my dresses. I had the light blue one and a red tight dress that came to my knees.

I finally chose to wear the red dress. I was so excited. I loved listening to Delon sing. I felt like I was in a different world. His voice was so soothing.

-

I went down stairs to the smell of bacon. Dad was at the stove singing the song mom loved. I remember she would always sing it too me. I stood there listening.

"No, I won't be afraid, ohh, I won't be afraid. Just as long as you stand by me, stand by me.

So darling, darling stand by me oh Stand by me. Oh stand by me, stand by me." he turned around and saw me.

"Hey dad." I smiled.

"Hey, Lynn. How long have you been there?" He asked.

"The whole time. I love that song dad." I hugged him. He kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, I know." He smiled weakly. "Let's eat."

We ate and I took a long shower. I had started to think of my mom and the tears just ran out of my eyes. I finished the shower and began to get ready. I pushed the sad memories out and curled my hair.

Once I was done curling my hair, I checked the time. It was only 3 so I went down stairs to talk with dad. He was sitting on the couch watching some TV show. I sat next to him. He had noticed me and turned towards me.

"Going out?" He asked cocking his eyebrow.

"Yes, later." I nodded.

"With that young man? Um Delon?" He grinned.

"Yes, dad." I said feeling my face go red.

"Well, I'm glad. He seems to be a great guy." He smiled.