How It All Began.

I knew Kaden for most of my life. At least I thought I knew him.
It was the classical, neighbour families story: two kids that shared the crib when they were toddlers and grew up as best friends.
I knew him in a way I only knew myself; we would guess each other's thoughts with just a look; others would ask me what Kade would think of something and they'd ask him about me. I knew all about him; his problems, his loves, his heartbreaks, anything. And just like that, he knew it all about me.
That's why it hurt me so much when he just... Left me. It happened when I was 14, him being one year older, was clearly 15. And all at once, he cut me out.
I wish I could say I noticed something going on and that he changed slowly until he was someone else, but I didn't. It just happened.
He was at my house and we were doing homework, laughing, listening to music and... Well, completely ignoring homework.
Hunter, his brother, knocked at my door. He was my friend too, but he was three years older than me so I guess we just never shared that much.
Hunter was a silent guy, always looking from the outsides, though he was a big dude, all strong and stuff. He was the kind of guy that would finish his homework, put on his earphones and work out.
But that day, it was different. He just came into my house and looked at his brother, without saying hi to me, something unusual for a gentleman like him. And there it was; he shared a look with Kade. And that look was the only thing I noticed as strange before I lost him.
"Already?!", he asked Hunter, who answered only with a nod.
He stood up, alarmed and looked at me, his breathing way too fast.
"Raelynn?", he asked, mustering my name,"do you want to come with us? With me?".
I didn't even have to ask to know he wasn't going to tell me where we were going. And he didn't have to ask to know I couldn't go, wherever and whatever it may had been.

Hunter cleared his throat, catching Kade's attention. He looked at Hunter and then back at me.

He didn't even hug me, or say anything.

Not even good bye.

He just looked at me with that bewildered expression and ran to the door, disappeared.

And unknowingly, that's when I would last see him.