Classroom Stories

"They actually say that she still roams the halls 'til this night." She slowly whispered. 

There was a flash of lighting, and Justin screamed. Jessica giggled and the lights went on. Alex stood by the light switch, her eyes gleaming, and Justin knew he was about to be made fun of.

"I'm sure men aren't supposed to be so easily." Alex said, smiling a bit.

"It was the lightning!" Justin shouted, his cheeks, once pale, now turning a light shade of red.

"Jeez, you're so easy to scare. We're in high school, you should not be scared of these. They aren't real anyways." Jessica said, rolling her eyes.

"Okay guys, can we get to cleaning now?" Parker said. He was mostly quiet and always looked serious.

"Not yet. I still have one more story to tell." Alex said. 

Please leave the lights on, Justin thought. 

Alex was probably a mind reader because she said, "I think Justin doesn't want the lights off..", then laughed with Jessica and Paul.

"I don't mind." Justin lied, and put on one of his fake smiles. Alex knew them so well, but she turned off the lights anyways.

"This is a true story..." Alex began.

Justin gulped. Jessica hugged Paul, who rolled his eyes. Jessica was too attached to him, which bothered him. Parker just sat on the floor, unamused. Samatha and Elise were hugging each other, not because they were scared, but because they were very close.

"They said that in this school, children began to disappear. It all started five years ago. It was a rainy night, just like this. There were children here, just like we are. They were staying inside to prepare the school for the fair they were having the next day. Story around the school was that a witch disguised as a teacher was burned in this school. Before she died, she said that everyone who stays past seven at night, will be trapped in the school and will have to survive all the horrors that await. The children, who did not believe in that nonsense, decided to stay anyways. Suddenly the clock went off at seven. They ignored it and began to clean. Suddenly all the lights went out, and wouldn't go back on. They sighed and decided to leave the school, because the dark was creepy since there were noises everywhere. They tried opening the door. It wouldn't budge. They tried opening the back door. That also wouldn't budge. They tried to open the window. That also wouldn't budge. They soon panicked and realized there was no other way they could escape. Suddenly, the heard a deep and raspy voice say, 'I'VE GOT YOU NOW!'. No one knows what happened after that."

"How do they know that happened if they were trapped?" Paul challenged Alex.

"Because one of them survived. She only told them what had happened before she had a panic attack and never spoke again. After her two-month break from school, she returned... and was never heard of or seen again." Alex finished, and smiled at Paul, who remained quiet.

Samantha said, "What time is it?"

"It's 6:50." Justin said, nervoulsy glancing at his watch. "Come on guys lets just leave, this sucks."

There was a knock on the classroom door. 

"Huh?" Elise said. "I thought we were the only ones here..." 

"We are." Jessica said. She was shaking uncontrollably now. 

"Well go ahead, Justin. Open it. Unless you're too scared." Alex said. She smirked. 

"Why me? Why don-" Justin began.

"Do you know what time it is kids?" a deep and raspy voice said on the other side of the door. "I'm going to get you."

Everyone stopped. Paul stepped back while Jessica dove into his arms. Parker's serious look turned into a surprise look. Elise and Samantha now hugged each other in fear. Alex tried to remain calm, but Justin knew that she was terrified. 

"G-go on Justin. Open the door." Alex mumbled. 

Now it was no time to act like a wimp. It was time to act brave. Justin knew that. He slowly stepped to the door. 

He reached for the handles. 

"I'VE GOT YOU!" the voice screamed and the door opened.