Broken Up

The ghost pounced at Elise, knocking her on the ground.

"ELISE!" Samantha screamed.

Elise tried to crawl away, but the ghost lay on top of her.

"How can that thing talk?” Samantha exclaimed.

"Samantha! Help me!” Elise shouted desperately as the ghost turned Elise over so she could face him.

"So I see you're the new victims. I hope you enjoy your stay all night." The ghost whispered, and the holes curved upward, creating a monstrous smile.

The ghost vanished in thin air.

Panting and sputtering, Elise stood up.

Samantha ran to hug Elise, but she stopped her.

Elise look up, her dark brown hair, covering her eyes. "Why didn't you do something?" 

"Elise..." Samantha began.

"Why didn't you help me? I could've died there!" Elise screamed.

"I'm sorry... I just..." Samantha said, looking down sadly.

"Oh, 'I'm sorry' is all you can do." Elise said and started laughing. "Would you say 'I'm sorry' if I was killed?" 

"Elise it was a ghost..." Samantha tried to explain.

"All you did was scream! Why didn't you help? You could've done something!" Elise shouted at Samantha.

Samantha began to sob silently.

"Yeah, cry. You're good for nothing anyways." Elise said angrily.

"What has gotten into you? This isn't the Elise I know." Samantha screamed, and ran out of the room sobbing.

She ran blindly across the hall. Everything became blurry as her eyes began to fill up with more tears.

She felt someone grab her by her shoulders and yank her into a room.

Samantha looked up and saw a girl who was probably the same age as her. She wore a white gown that was covered in blood and her long black hair flowed as if there was a soft wind blowing in the room. She wasn't touching the ground either.

"Are you also trying to kill me?" Samantha said, panicking.

"No. Unlike the others, I'm not vengeful ghost. I'm here to warn you and the others." The girl said, looking down at Samantha.

"What is this place? This doesn't even look like my school anymore." Samantha asked.

"This is your school but it was changed into what that witch wanted it to be." The ghost said.

So Alex's story was true!, Samantha thought, her eyes growing wide.

"I have also befalling the terrible curse of this school. I was a student, just like you. I didn't believe in the story and I foolishly stayed past 7 PM. I was trapped here, but almost escaped." The ghost said, sadly.

"There must be a way out of here!" Samantha shouted.

"There is. You have to survive the night here. If you can live past 5 AM, then you will be able to escape." The ghost said. 

Samantha began to say something, but the ghost stopped her.

"I don't have much time." The ghost said, slowly vanishing. "I'm just here to say that you and your friend are in horrible danger. Death is certain."

The ghost vanished into thin air.

What did she mean we are in danger? What did she mean death is certain, Samantha pondered nervously.

She heard a loud crash in the hall and a horrible laugh coming from the hall.

"Samantha..." Elise's voice said loudly. "I'm sorry about earlier. I just want to play."

Elise began to laugh loudly.