Through The Dark Halls

Samantha tried to hold in a scream, but instead a whimper came out. She soon noticed the pin in the skeleton's neck and started to laugh.

Silly me, Samantha thought. She fell for one of those fake skeletons the teacher put in the classroom.

She remembered that Ms.Bailey had one of those and every time the skelton's head was moved, the pin made a snapping sound.

Where are the others, Samantha thought. 

She felt something hard in her pockets. It was the flashlight Alex had given her.

Thank god, she thought. She wouldn't have known what she would've done if there wasn't something to help her see in the dark.

She slowly opened the door and began walking into the dark hallway.

She made sure to shine her flashlight everywhere, just in case someone or something tried to surprise her.

"Guys?" Samantha shouted into the hallway.

There was no response.

She kept on walking and she thought she saw something on the floor besides her.

She went closer to investigate.

It was the a corpse. This time it was for real. The rotten smell had alerted Samantha and she realized that this wasn't a joke anymore.

She quickly ran down the hall, which seemed endless. She swear she passed Room 8B twice. There were only five rooms she saw, Room 6B, Room 7, Room 7B, Room 8, and Room 8B.

Was she stuck in an endless cycle?

What kind of sick joke is this?, Samantha thought, desperate to escape.

She kept on passing that corpse. She needed to get out of this hall, but she didn't know how.

She decided to enter one of the rooms.

She picked Room 7 and quickly entered it. 

She sighed and fell to the floor, exhausted. 

She walked up to the window in the room. Everyone room had at least one window. 

She tried to open it, but it was locked shut.

Great, I can't even get fresh air, she thought angrily.

Just as she was about to turn around, a hand grabbed her shoulders.