Chapter 5

It was Halloween.
I dressed up as Mario and Lia dressed up as Luigi. Micheal and Edward just wore masks. We messed around and scared little kids.
We went trick or treating for fun so we wouldn't have to cook and we could just eat candy. Gwen didn't want to go anywhere.
She just wanted to stay home and talk to "Jesse".

She would always scare me so that's why it was like Lia, Micheal, and Edward are at my house like 24/7.

My mom hasn't came back after about a week. No calls. No messages. Nothing. So I decided to call her myself.

*Dials moms phone number*
No answer.

I'll call again.
*calls again*
Mom: Hun I'm sorry I can't talk right now...
Me: mom please just wait
Mom: what?
Me: when are you coming back?
Mom: I'm not sure. A few days maybe.
Me: okay but mo-
She hung up on me.
Why would she do that?
I didn't bother to call again.
I put my phone down and walked to Micheal.
It was 8:56 so I wanted to go with Lia and give kids candy.
Some kids complimented us about being Mario and Luigi and some guys tried getting our numbers but obviously Edward and Micheal wouldn't let them get our numbers.

I was getting tired of handing out candy so I started to eat some so we could finish faster.

Someone knocked again.
I opened it and it was... Alex?
I still liked him but I was with Micheal and Micheal made me happy.
He smiled and said " Do I know you?"
"Uh Yea we go to the same school" I replied trying not to make a lot of noise that Micheal would come.

Lia walked to me and smirked.
I gave him candy and laughed "Byee aha." I said while closing the door. He put his hand and grabbed my phone from my hand. He got my number and put it in his phone.
"Alex stop omg what are you doing?!"
I screamed he back off and ran. Micheal ran to me and said "what happened babe?!" "Nothing sorry if I scared you." I replied while hugging him. He hugged me back and I smelled his cologne again. Omg.

Michael's pov:
I smelled her hair and it smelled so good. I heard glass break and it came from the basement. I went to the basement and I saw Gwen crying on the floor. I run to her "Gwen what happened?!" "Jesse is very very mad. Leave!" She screamed while crying. I walked to Michelle and told her "theres something wrong with Gwen. I think she has to talk to someone." She looked up and said "I know, she never acted like this before. Ever since you guys came she started acting really weird. I don't know what's wrong with her." I sat down next to her and smiled. "Hey we should go back to the attic." I said.

She got up fast and ran to her room and came back holding her pants. She got out some old photographs from the pocket. "I found these the day we were in there." I looked at them. The door bell rang and I opened it. It was Isabella. Really? Now is not the time. She looked surprised and pulled me out there with her. I still liked her bit I was with Michelle.

Michelle's pov:
Micheal went outside and I didn't care.
I went to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich because why not.
Lia ran to me and said "look what we found in the attic." And grabbed my hand.
She took me to the attic and still a lot of boxes. She turned on the light and walked to box.
She brought out a board and a little triangle thingy.
I finally realized what it was...

It was a oujia board. I never thought I'd ever see one. She handed it to me and she put her hand back in the box.
She brought out some more old photographs. And she walked under the light bulb that was in the ceiling.
Why was Micheal taking so long?
I wanted to go and see what was taking him so long.
"I'll be right back Lia" I said while going down the ladder. "Okay!" She yelled and I went downstairs to the living room. There was a window next to the front door so I just checked the window.
I opened the curtain and I felt like crying.
I tried not to cry but my throat hurt so bad while trying not to cry. I knew he didn't want me or love me the whole time.
I locked the door so he wouldn't get in and I went back to the attic with my best friend Lia.
"What happened?!" She said when she saw me crying.
"Fucking Isabella is kissing Micheal again. OUT SIDE MY OWN HOUSE." I said.
"OH HELL NO NOT AGAIN" she said while getting up.
"Let's go fight this bitch c'mon."
I got up and wiped my tears. We went downstairs and I opened the curtain showing her Isabella and Micheal.
She opened the door and Micheal turned around.
He began with his lies.
"I'm sorry I didn't do it" he said
"Shut up Micheal I'm tired of your bull shit." I said while walking past him.
Lia pushed Isabella to the fake giant spider webs and obviously Isabella was so dumb, she actually thought they were real omg.
I got out scissors from the house and I cut her hair.
Lia laughed so hard when I did, and so did I.
"Oops sorry" I said while holding a glass of punch.
"Here maybe you wanted some punch!"
I said dumping all the punch all over her.
She started crying smh.
Sorry not sorry.
She got up and ran away and Micheal just stood there. Lia and I got inside and locked the door.

Isabella's pov:
OH HELL NAH DID THEY ACTUALLY JUST DO THAT OMGG.
WATCH IMMA GET REVENGE AT SCHOOL.
I ran home soaking wet with hair all over me. My parents kept asking me "what happened?" But id just say "nothing." I ran to my room and locked the door.
I decided to text Micheal.
Me: Did they really do that?!
Michael: yea omg I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Me: can u come over?
Micheal: yea.

I put my phone down and I went to the bathroom. My hair was so short now. I took a shower and I eventually found a way to make my hair look pretty.
I changed into sweat pants and a tank top.
I waited for Michael.

*10 minutes later*

*door bell rings*
I ran to the door and opened it.
Yay Micheal was finally here.
We walked to my room and we ate candy.

Michelle's pov:
Where was Edward?
I looked for him with Lia and I called him.
His phone was ringing from- the basement?!
Why the basement?
I walked to the basement and grab his phone right when I was getting up something pushed my down the stairs.
It felt like those hands in my nightmare. Big and cold. It was dark. Water was dripping as usual and the door closed. My arm hurt so bad when I fell on it.
I walk up the stairs and try to open the door.
It's locked. But the lock is inside...
I tried unlocking it but again it was as if someone was holding it.
It couldn't have been Lia right?
She wouldn't do this to me!
I hear whispering in my ear "Jesse, Jesse, Jesse"
I turn around and no one is there
"Jesse Jesse Jesse."
My arm with the cuts and bruises starts to burn.
I found on the door and I hear Lia.
"Who's there?"
"LIA ITS ME MICHELLE HELP ME IM STUCK" I yelled.
She tries opening the door but she couldn't.
"I CANT MICHELLE" she yelled while shaking the door knob.
I heard Lia scream. And then it was quiet. I see the door knob shaking side to side and it finally opened by its self.
I look for Lia but I don't see her. I heard screaming in the attic.
"Lia!!!!!!!" I yelled.
No reply.
What is happening?
Am I having another nightmare?!
I go to the attic and I see the oujia board facing the direction I was in. I see Lia, Edward, and Gwen in the corner facing their backs at me.
I was frightened.
"Lia?" I whisper.
The light turns off and the ladder thingy closes.
I hear wood creaking and I feel the hands on me again. I hear the whispering again. Only louder this time.
"Jesse Jesse Jesse Jesse!" It sounded like a man's voice.
The light turns back on and I see lia right in front of my face. I jumped up and she got up too. Its okay Michelle. We're okay. She said while smiling.
She pointed at the oujia board and says "You know the rules."
1. Never play in a grave yard.
2. Never play alone.
3. Always say good bye.
4. Be serious its not a game.
5. Never use a oujia board in your home.

"Okay I got it." Lia said smiling.
Edward sat next to us and we put our fingers on the triangle thingy.
"Is anyone here?" I ask.
The triangle moves to the yes.
"What's your name?" Lia asks.
It moves to the J-e-s-s-e.
I got the chills. It was Jesse.
"You you hate me?" I ask.
It moves to the yes.
I got scared.
We didn't ask anything and it went to the r... Then the U.... Then the .....N?!
"Run?" lia said
I picked up the triangle and I look through it.
I see a guy wearing all black and it pops right it my face.
I jump up and. Put the triangle back down.
My heart starts beating fast.
"Is this Jesse?" I ask
It goes to the N...then ....O.
"It's not Jesse" I said.
"Then who are you?" Lia asks.
It doesn't move.
The lights turn off. And I yell "goodbye!" And move the triangle to the goodbye.

Then I notice something...