Chapter 1

Chapter 1
September 26, 2012
​I was dreaming about peaceful autumn nights with my mom and dad, until that haunting thought came back; I don even know what they look like. 13 years and I still don't know. Then I heard shuffling feet. I woke up o see a hue blue balloon in my line of sight. ​

"Happy 14th birthday Clare!" they all chorused. It seemed that the entire orphanage managed to come up to my bed and decorate I with every thing blue ad purple. Oh my cow, I forgot my own birthday!!! I think when they said happy birthday someone called me Clarisse. No one calls me that anymore. I prefer Clare. I sat up till groggy from sleep but a recognized a few people.

I saw Faith and Hope, the miracle twins, both 4. I also saw Illiana Clark, one of my two closest friends kneeling ext o my bed no doubt was planning to scare me awake. I saw Ty Henderson, Evelyn Grace, Shrea Walsh, and Antonio Parkway. And of course my almost brother Daniel who I found abandoned in an alleyway in 2004 when I was 6 years old.

At that time Daniel was a newborn. Miss Marabelle told me he could be my brother and be called a Dean like me.
All of us here have a story as to how we found he orphanage. Mine was I was abandoned under the willow tree behind he place. Ill go there sometimes to think. It calms me.

Then Illiana shouted " Hurry up! " in French. The people started to file out of he room, probably getting their clothes on for school. I grabbed black cami, black leggings, and at last minute decided to throw on my favorite green sheatshit with black cats on it. I got in front of the mirror and hastily twisted my hair into a messy bun, securing it with a complicated black clip that I wove in my favorite color strings from my parents that they left me.

​I stared at my refection. 14 I thought. It is crazy how fast time passes. I looked myself over. I saw a tall slender girl with long, curly strawberry blonde hair. I saw bright, intelligent, icy, blue eyes. Everyone says that I remind them of Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter. But I take a closer look. I saw the bold and crazy girl inside. The one who has a temper but doesn't show any feelings besides happiness and wild sassiness. No, that's not me I thought. I'm Clare Dean. 14 years ol-.

​" Clare!!! You're going to miss the bus! You don't wan to walk to school on your birthday do you? " Illiana shouted up the stairs interrupting my thought.

​"I'm coming! But only so you don't get the satisfaction to see me running next to he bus." I said.

" Again. "

​"Don't bring it up."

"Ok, but only because its your birthday."