chapter 6

“Wake up Bree; it’s almost 10:30!” My mom shouted up the steps.

I slowly opened my eyes, angry at the fact that my mom was waking me up so early.  Normally, I would wake up around 11:30, even noon sometimes, but not today, apparently.  I crawled out of bed, picking up my phone that had 1 new message from Jaycie, telling everyone to meet at the beach around 11:30.

Letting out a tired sigh, I walked to my closet, deciding on something completely stunning to wear.  Today was step 1 of plan ‘revenge of the ex-boyfriend.’

Make Jake jealous.

I wasn’t all that fond of the name, but I would think of a catchier one later.

 I pulled on my strapless white cover up over my newly bought Gucci rhinestone bikini, which I had been saving up for-for nearly a year.  Each strap fell gracefully around all of my tan curves, that I had worked so hard the past 2 years to perfect.  I then braided my naturally blonde hair down my back, letting my bangs fall in loose strands around my face.

After that, I applied my makeup.  Extra sparkly, of course.  What’s a rhinestone bikini without glittery makeup?

Once I had made myself presentable, I slipped on my flip flops, and began making my way towards the beach.

“Are you sure you don’t want something to eat first, hunny?” My mom asked concerned.  “You’ve barely eaten anything since you got here.”

“I’m fine mom.” I assured her.  “But thanks.”

I quickly headed towards the door, before she began to question my eating habits.  I wasn’t anorexic, or bulimic, or any of that.  Sure, I didn’t eat very often, but I still ate healthy.  You’d be surprised where a few apples and some exercise will get you.

“Where did you get that bikini girl?!”  Zoe shrieked, running up to worship my outfit.

“I know a few people.” I examined my nails, pretending it was not big deal.

“You have got to hook me up with one of those.” Jaycie said, scanning what she could see of my suit, that was still mostly hidden behind my cover up.

“We’ll see.” I smirked.  “They’re pretty hard to get.”

Sure, I was telling a few little white lies.  They were clearly impressing Jake though, so my guilt quickly faded.  We all found an empty spot in the sand, and began preparing to go get in the water.  I watched Jake’s eyes widen as I pulled of my white laced cover up.  Little did I know, he wasn’t the only one watching.

“Damn Barbie, when did you get a super model body?” Ryan gaped in amazement.

I let out a sarcastic laugh, pulling my aviators down over my eyes.  Jake’s face grew somewhat angry at Ryan’s comment.

“Well.” I said calmly, starting to walking down towards the water.

 “The day Jake decided I wasn't good enough."