chapter 14

“Hey guys!” I smiled, embracing the fact that Collin’s arm was around me.

“Uhm, hi.” Zoe said, still in shock.

I watched Jake, as he stood uncomfortably with his hands in his pockets.  I didn’t feel sorry, though.  He should’ve just told Zoe that he didn’t want to go out.

“So, what are we going to do?” Collin asked, pulling me closer to him.

“Well, I was thinking mini golf.” Zoe smiled at Collin, clearly jealous of the fact I was with him.

“Sounds fun.” I beamed up at Collin, and then at Zoe, giving her somewhat of a dirty look.

We walked over to the mini golf stand, letting the guys pay for the clubs and the balls.  Then, we began the course.

“How do you work this thing?” I giggled, holding the club upside down.

I felt like such an idiot acting like an air head.  Clearly I knew how to work a golf club, but I needed an excuse for Collin to get close to me.

“Let me help you.” Collin winked, making sure Jake was watching.

He then wrapped his arms around me, showing me how to swing the club.  I giggled, letting him kiss me on the cheek.

“Hey Jake, how do you do this?” Zoe asked Jake, trying to compete with Collin and I.

“It’s just a golf club, you swing it and aim for the ball.” Jake said annoyed.

I did my best to hold back laughing.  She was pathetic, Jake didn’t even like her.  I suddenly felt a strange stirring in the pit of my stomach.  What were we turning into?  Zoe and I had best friends since forever, was I really going to risk ruining it on this?

We continued golfing, and I continued to flirt with Collin.  I had only meant to make Jake jealous, but it was making Zoe mad too, which was all the better.

“Let’s go babe.” Collin called from up ahead, walking towards the pizza parlor with Zoe.

“Comin-“

“What’s this all about?” Jake grabbed my arm, pulling me back towards him.

“What are you talking about?” I asked sarcastically.

“Why are you out with Colin?” He questioned in a more serious tone.

“Why are you out with Zoe?!” I spat.

He buried his face into his hands, shaking his head.

“Is that what this is all about?”

“Uhm, yeah.  It is.” I said snottily.

“So you’re jealous, I see.” Jake winked at me.

“What?! A-am not!” I lied.

“Oh, so you wouldn’t be jealous if I did this to Zoe?” Jake asked, wrapping his hands around my waist, pulling me close.

“No.” I muttered, feeling his warm breath brushing against my cheek.

“What about this?” Jake asked, kissing me on the cheek.

“N-no.” I stuttered, staring at him.

“Well, what about this Jake asked?”  Softly kissing my lips, and pulling away.

“Okay.” I admitted, touching my lips.

 "Maybe a little."