The struggle

" Noah!" I screamed. I was sweating and shaking. My hair was stuck to my face, and I was laying in his bed. I don't know what happened or for how long I had been asleep. I had some how ended up in my pajamas and his boxes were back where they started. I uncovered, stepped on the freezing floor, and threw his boxes across his room.

It was so upsetting. All that work to get out was erased, reset. The vent had been fixed. My legs still hurt from the forced work I put into trying to escape. I'm all out of ideas. What am I supposed to do now?
.  .  . 

I see out of the corner of my eye Noah is sitting up. I stared at him for so long. His brown eyes, finally open. I run over to him and hug him, tears slide down my face onto his shirt. He didn't hug me back.
" The journal." He whispered. He started to get off the bed.

"Noah, can't you please just sit with me? I've checked your journal every day. There's no response to what you've written." He didn't listen. I don't know what his problem is with that journal! He's never going to get anything out of it its so--

" Elizabeth, there's a reply. There's a reply!" He jumped up and pressed his lips against mine with so much force I would've fallen over if he hadn't been holding me.

The door swung open behind me and we both got a little scared. "So, what do we do now?