Chapter Four: Mistakes Are Made

I didn't know how I was going to approach him, I didn't know what I was going to say. I anticipated the moment the bell will ring so I could work up the nerve to talk to him. I watched the clock the entire class blocking out everyone around me, I felt all anxious and nervous.

Finally the bell rang, I waited for everyone to clear out then I gathered my things walking to his desk.

"You told me that you loved me."

He was sitting out his desk looking through today's class work assignments. "Yes, I was there." He smiled.

"I don't love you... Yet." I slurred nervously.

"Vanessa, it's okay if you don't feel the same way." He responded gazing at me with his beautiful green eyes.

I felt so embarrassed for over analyzing the situation, I thought that he would be upset with me but I guess I didn't realize how mature he was.

"O- okay. So you're not mad?"

"Why, should I be mad?" He asked.

I shook my head. "N- no. I thought you would be because I don't know, I kind of-." I stopped myself from further humiliations. "I have a class... So I should go."

I practically ran out the room suddenly seeing Chia standing in front of me. I quickly walked off from him.

I know that Chia means well but I can see that he's starting to care out Jacob and I's relationship, and if he starts to care he's going to pull the same crap he did two years ago.

I waited for Chia to get home from school in front of his house. I needed to talk to him because I knew deep down that all he wants to do is look out for me, maybe I just need to stop being a complete bitch for a second to realize that.

His car pulled up in his drive way and he quickly walked up to me. "What are you going here?"

"I wanted to apologize for what I said to you earlier. I meant every word but I know that you mean well and I should've never snapped at you like I did."

He nodded. "I'll back off. I won't butt in anymore unless I think it's important enough for me to do that, you are my best friend I need you to know that whatever I do or did is because I care."

I smiled. "Okay."

We both embraced each other in a hug. "And I'm sorry for being a bitch." I added.

We both laughed.

(Picture of Jacob on this chapter)