Chapter Three: See Me

The morning after Tessa and I's phone call I wanted to so badly walk up to Mr. Prescott and punch his lights out, but Tessa would never talk to me if I had done that.

I walked to Tessa's locker waiting for her to show up so I could express to her how badly I wanted her to end things with Mr. Prescott, I mean I am her best friend I'm allowed to have an opinion even if Tessa wants me to keep them to myself.

"Chia, you know that Gwen is going around telling people that you and Avery stole the coaches Devil's costume."

I scoffed. "Let her do what she wants, I'm not even worried about her."

Tessa walked up to her locker pulling out her binder out of her pink duffel bag.

"Hey, what are you waiting for me?" She asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you something."

She put in the combination to her locker throwing her duffel bag in grabbing her pencil case while holding the binder in her hand.

"What is so important?"

"I don't think seeing Mr. Prescott is such a good idea. I think he's just using you for sex and you can't see that because your relationship with him is clouding your judgement. I'm your best friend and I know what's best for you, and as your best friend I have to tell you when you are doing something that is wrong. And your relationship with him is wrong." I caught my breath knowing that Tessa will agree with me.

"The fact that you think you know what best for me is ridiculous, you don't know him or our relationship... So butt out!" She shouted walking away.

I stood my her locker shocked as anyone would be if they knew that they were a hundred percent right about something. I just couldn't understand why Tessa just snapped at me when I was just trying to protect her.

The rest of the day Tessa did everything she could to avoid me. At lunch I made my way to the table where her and her cheerleading team sat she got up and left leaving me there with a bunch of girls that I didn't know. Science Lab she ignored me the whole class even though I sat next to her.

"I tried everything. She won't talk to me." I said to Ryan.

Ryan looked at me with confused written across his face, he had no idea what I was talking about and why I was talking to him. I only speak to Ryan in Spanish class whenever I need him to give me answers to the tests.

"I get ignored by girls all the time. I can't help you." He replied.

I sat in the library flipping through a gigantic history book not reading a single word, just flipping trying to figure out why Tessa is so pissed at me.

Then it finally popped in my head, it was so simple.