Chapter Nine: Breaking Bad News

For weeks Chia and I have been having sex with each other enjoying each other's company, I'm happy with Chia but I can't be completely happy with him knowing that I'm cheating on my boyfriend.

"You have to tell him." Chia urged.

"What am I supposed to tell him? I- we don't even know what we're doing, is it just sex are we in a relations-."

Chia stopped me by crashing his lips on to mine. "I like you, I really do. But you need figure out something to say to Jacob because I can see that this whole thing with us is tearing you apart."

I was in denial at how much this situation is affecting me. "It's not tearing me apart... I'm fine, a little bit nervous but I'm fine."

"You're not fine, you're biting your fingernails down to the nub. No offense but they look disgusting." He said holding up my hands to my face.

"Okay, I'll talk to him." I finally gave in.

Chia got up from out of my bed picking up our clothes from off the floor placing them on the bed.

"We have school in an hour, we need to get dressed."

-

I anticipated the moment where I would have to walk into Jacob's class knowing that I would have to talk to him and Chia and I. I'm kind of hoping that he will break up with me to make things easier on me, but things never goes the way how I want it.

"Tessa." I turned to see that it was Emily, one of my closest friend who seemed to have finally made it back from France.

"Emily! You're back." I shouted running to her giving her a hug.

"Yeah, I'm kind of bummed to be back here." She joked.

I laughed. "So tell me everything. Did you meet any cute French guys?" I asked eagerly.

"No, none of them could understand me." She laughed.

"What about you, where's Chia?"

"I'm great actually and I think Chia is somewhere are here but you'll see him at lunch."

Emily and I spent some time catching up with each other, I told her a little bit about my situation with Chia but I didn't let her know that my boyfriend is Jacob.

During my Spanish class my phone began to ring and I saw that it was Chia. I texted him instead and asked him what he wanted, he asked me to come to the parking lot by his car.

When I made my way to the parking lot running to Chia's car I saw that he was leaning on his car smiling at me.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well, I went out and bought you some strawberry donuts. Your favorites." He opened the passengers side of the car where I saw the whole seat set up like a table. Red roses in a vase, champagne and napkins.

"Oh god. Wh- thank you." I smiled kissing him on his lips. "Get in the car in front of the wheels." I ordered.

He did as I said and I waisted no time climbing on to his lap pulling his shirt off.

"Someone's in a hurry." Chia said taking me too off.

"I have a class that I need to go back to before the teacher thinks I'm skipping."
I pulled open his belt buckle while he pulled my black skirt up.

"Ten minutes." I said between kisses.

-

I whimped out this morning going to Jacob's class, I was way too nervous to go in there and tell him after the class was over. So I waited until it was lunchtime to go to him, my whole body was shaking and my hands started sweating. You don't know stress until you have to go and break someone's heart.

I walked into his classroom seeing him sitting around his desk grading papers, I started to have sympathy for him and I thought about turning back. But, I had to remember that he cheated on me and never bothered to come find me and apologize or explain the situation to me. I closed the door behind me calling his attention to me.

"Tessa." He said in surprise.

"Hey." I can't do it, look at his face... He looks so innocent, he doesn't have any idea what about to hit him.

"I'm sorry that I didn't try and talk to you in person, I wanted to give you sometime to yourself."

"How long would you have waited before you came to talk to me?"

"I don't know. I just thought you needed some spac-."

"I'm with Chia. We have been sleeping together during the time that you have been giving me space."

It just came out like word vomit. It felt so good for me to finally say it to him.

Jacob swallowed hard running his hand through his hair. "Are you guys a couple?"

"I don't know what we are but that's okay because when I'm with him I feel happy, he makes me happy. And I want you to know that we are over."

"Wait. It can't be that easy for you to just end this."

"It actually is... easy. You made it so easy to ruin over relationship by sleeping with someone else. Obviously you didn't have enough respect for me to keep your penis out of someone else. I hope it was worth it with her." I shouted.

I began to walk away. "I will always love you." Jacob said.

"Take care." I didn't want him to think that I was sad or nervous about my decision to end it with him. A short and cold response made it clear to him that I didn't want anything to do with him.