Background

I try. I try to be perfect for my parents but they hate me. I go to school every day but I can't learn.

I see the world as evil. I think the world can be cruel and vicious.

My homework is what that talks about but I listen to it clearly. My homework states that the world is the most wonderful place in the universe. I think it isn't, but I think we can change it if we put our minds to it.

" Jezebel it's time for dinner!" my mother yells. I need to go as soon as I can if I don't my brother doesn't eat then she doesn't eat. She doesn't really care for me but my brother does. She is selfish in the way if you think of it. But also selfless. I never learned that. But I will eventually.

My words can have deep meanings but they don't. I am a fake poet, maybe someday be real.

I dropped my pencil and go to dinner. My mom made mashed potatoes and sloppy joe. I know that is not for me. In my place at the table there is a salad and veggies. I am a vegetarian. I sit down to my next my older brother and sister, they are twins. Born on the same day and hour but do not look alike. They're both in senior year. I'm only a sophomore.

The table is silent. I want to help my mom cook but she won't let me. She thinks I am a useless brat. she thought that since the day she adopted me. I don't get it, why doesn't she like me. But she doesn't eat unless I do. It's probably because my older brother loves me but she doesn't, she loves him. As I leave the dinner table after I start thinking to myself. 'What if she really does love me.' 'foolish' I think. She could never love me.

I put on my pajamas and I go to bed. I lay there for about 15 minutes and then go to sleep. I wonder about how life would be if I was still at the orphanage. Probably worse but not better either, if that makes sense. I don't make sense most of the time.

My alarm sounds. I wake up otherwise they won't wake me up on this is my brother and he's really here. I change and look in the mirror. I see a long narrow face with brown hair and gray eyes. With a short yet thin nose.

I've never met my biological parents. But I think this is what my mom would have looked. I try not to think about it too much. The thought makes me tear up.

Hop in the car before my brother leaves the parking space. I didn't have time for breakfast I was too busy looking in the mirror.

" You alright bell you look a little frowny." My brother Matthew says as I close the door and get comfortable.

"Yeah I was running late" I reply. Trying to put a smile on my face or a smirk. He nods and starts the car. I check my backpack to see if I forgot anything I didn't I'm pretty sure I have all my stuff.

My sister Emily got a phone call in the middle of the way to school. She denies it says it's probably Betty Hernandez, the senior who rivals with Emily over everything.

When I arrived at school the first thing I see is a flock of children running towards the front door. Why are they running? Have they found the shadows yet? I went to see only my best friend is sitting in a chair saying she is not a shadow, she has no thirst for blood. Well that is true, she is not the one they are looking for. They are looking for me.

How did they know where to find me? Who gave him the address or more specifically my school? Can my mom have anything to do with this.

Sorry it sucks but it's my first story so cut me some slack.