Chapter 1

Sylvia Bevenson

Difference. I could feel it occur that summer in large quantity. This was partly due to the fact that my clan had decided to give me my wings prematurely and to my objection. My father was a lightly one and the leader among our people in Great Britain, one of the most influential among the world because of Britain's prestige and power.

I was to wait until my 18th birthday, however the wars within the supernatural and human world caused there to be a greater demand for lightly ones to maintain balance, and being the leader's daughter I had gotten my wings at 13.

My mission was to take place in my 3rd year at hogwarts. My mother having been a witch I had gotten admission, with my other lineage being of no concern, but this year my timetable would have to change drastically.

My first mission was to change the future path and the way that would happen was through Tom Riddle, a well known Slytherin boy who was to go into his sixth year.

I could feel my skin crawl and my hair raise at the prospect of talking to him. I was awkward and shy amongst people my own age and just the thought of talking to someone older made my stomach churn.

My wings weren't like the depiction that humans had often caricatured, they were nothing like those stuck to a pigeon but rather stunning in my opinion.

They gave me additional power, my body gulping down the energy as the smooth ridges would provide them in a constant flow, collecting along my spine.

It gave me a dangerous glow to glide across my skin, causing my dull ash hair to convert into a dark chestnut and my eyes to spark with darker green flecks to freckle around my grey.

It's key power was to travel, hence the term wings, however not only did they travel in the more physical and known sense, it could travel through different planes, and different times. I of course had not mastered those powers, but it's potential fired my own magic.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

September 1st

Today was the day, and I wished to Merlin it went well.

Mother had held my hand the whole journey to the port key, rubbing soothing circles on my skin. I knew she could sense my anxiety increase, I wanted to run away back to my house in Farnborough where we lived with kind muggle evacuees, but my body only kept walking with a sombre expression on my face.

I was 13 for Merlin's sake! I hardly could manage an experliarmus how was I meant to change Tom Riddle?! He would batter me to a pulp  and then throw acid across my bones, before I would even be able to get near him.

"Darling remember to go straight to Dumbledore's office after the feast, he will give you further instruction," my mother told me, deep frown lines crinkling her palid face which had grown tired the last few years.

I nodded my head,  our hands touching the portkey, the familiar feeling of nausea and turbulance as we landed just behind Kings Cross.

Our goodbyes had been emotional to say the least, still having tears dotting my cheeks as I sat in the compartment of the train.

Having noticed I was one of the earlier few to arrive I piled my luggage onto the seats so the window view was blocked and changed into my school robes.

I put all my luggage down, my head leaning against the frame watching the students come, this year their clothes had been particularly tattered and large and less and less students coming these last few years. I couldn't understand the logic, Hogwarts was one of the safest places in Britain, surely keeping them in London would only cause greater threat.

I winced as my back hit the seat, the bones in my back were still sore and bruised from the new presence of my wings. I rested my back straight against the leather seating, ignoring the pain. But I was quickly distracted, he was here.

Tom Riddle.

He had changed over the summer, his face paler and his height longer, he was roughly 6ft 1. His posture was stiff and he was adorned in his robes with the flick of his hand as he entered the platform. His skill was truly impressive. His hands lightly feathered his own luggage, as if it were the lightest thing in the world.

But then he paused and looked up into the windows, and I felt my heart skitter violently, I quickly averted my eyes just as I knew he was about to look straight to my compartment. I let my hair that was once in a ponytail and ribbon lay agilainst my shoulders, curtaining my face hoping he wouldn't see me.

I peeked through my hair, and breathed a sigh of relief as I found he had entered the train.

How was I going to get through this year, if this was how I reacted to something so minor? I wrapped my arms around my knees, rocking myself lightly as I cried.

Little did I know that there was someone outside of my compartment.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Tom Riddle

This year is when I would do it, the summer had only given me time to plan but nearing the end I couldn't wait to just get it over with.

Walking into the platform I already felt something odd, power crackling around me, against my own. Flicking my wrist I changed into my robes and paused.

It was coming from the train, I hadn't felt this power before, not in such large doses. Perhaps it was because I was around other wizards. It was so strong it gave me a head ache, nauseating in fact.

Looking up I scanned the train, there didn't appear to be many people, so that couldn't be it.

I pocketed my thoughts and entered, but it was so violent I couldn't ignore it. What was it?

I walked down the train to find a compartment,  and as I went further the aura became a little more robust, biting even.

My brow furrowed, blood streaking down my nose, if it got stronger I would pass out. I wiped my upper lip with my sleeve and whispered an incantation to stop the spell I had cast.

Before the summer the threat of Grindelwald was imminent, so I had thought it best to cast a spell to feel the power of each wizard, of course during the summer I was holed up in the orphanage and hadn't come in contact with many wizards or witches.

I stood for a minute, assessing the corridor of the train, only a few kids sprinkling the area, no one had seen.

As I went down I heard laughter, but it was quiet and soft. I went down and looked straight through the translucent window- it was a girl, her hair covering her face and her knees tucked into her chest, moving back and forth, she was crying.

It was nothing I had to inspect, probably just a first year who missed their parents.

Author's note

Hey guys what did you think? Comment and like and stuff, please, I want to know if people have read it☺