Chapter 2

Jessica's POV

I grabbed a pouch of blood from the trunk of my car and gave it to Lily. I also grabbed one for myself. I put our suitcases in the trunk, and Lily in her car seat.

"Dad, where's the case?" I asked, walking over to his car. He took another bite out of his breakfast burger.

"Seattle, Washington." He said with a mouth full. 

"Okay. So I'll follow you and Sammy." 

"Can you stop calling me Sammy? You and Dean both do it." Sam said as he ate his burrito. 

I stuck my tongue out at him like I used to. I smiled, showing off my fangs. I felt them poke out, and quickly covered my mouth. 

"You know Jess, even though you're a vampire and a demon, we still love you." Uncle Sam said. I walked over to his side of the car. He got out and gave me a big hug. 

"You're a Vampemon." My dad joked. We both looked at him and he looked back at his burger. 

"We better get going. I'm going to stop at the hospital quick though. You know for more umm..." I trailed off. I never killed anyone for blood. I just stole donated blood. And when that didn't work, animals. 

"Okay. Just don't get lost." Dad said. I gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. Then went to my own car.

Lilith's POV

Mommy gave Grandpa a kiss on the cheek then came back over to me. She got in her seat and buckled up. Then she looked back at me and smiled. I kept sucking on my blood pouch. 

"Ready baby?" Mommy asked. I smiled and nodded. I loved hunting with my family. I'm pretty smart for my age mommy says. She also says I look just like my Aunt Lisa. She lives with her mommy, and isn't allowed to see Grandpa and mommy anymore. 

Mommy turned around and started the car. I put my empty blood pouch in the garbage bag next to my seat. 

"Mommy? What are we hunting this time?" I asked excitedly. 

"Vampires. Most likely." 

"Mommy?" 

"Yes baby?" 

"How come we hunt our family?"

"They're not our family. You wouldn't even be a vampire if it wasn't for them."

"But I thought you liked being a vampire?" 

"I don't. But it's what we are."

I didn't like killing vampires or demons. It makes me worry, that sometimes mommy might get mistaken for a bad vampire, and Grandpa or Uncle Sammy would kill her. And how come mommy doesn't use her powers? I do all the time, but she doesn't know. 

"Mommy?" I asked again.

"What?" 

"I love you."