Chapter 2.

I stood frozen in the spot where he left me thinking of what just happened over and over again. The more I thought of it, the more I hated him. Before I knew it, I was chasing after him and taking him by his arm, making him turn over to face me. I lifted my hand just to slap his annoying face but, him being faster than me, took me by my wrist and pushed me against the lockers.

“Watch out princess, or you might get hurt” He said in a low tone, his breath against my skin. His eyes were a dark shade of green, making it feel more frightening that it should be. Once again, he walked away, leaving me weak and confused.

Niall came out of Starbucks and looked at me up and down.

“What the… oh” realization filled his blue eyes. “I’m sorry?” He said… or asked.

“It’s alright” I sighed. It was definitely not alright. Not at all.

“Let me help you. I’ve got a hoodie in my locker. You can borrow it” He offered.

“No, I don’t think we should keeping doing… this” I narrow my finger at us.

“So you won’t talk to me again just because of a friend of mine?” The idea sounded better in my head.

“I don’t want to be near him”

“You don’t need to be near him to talk to me” He had a point.

“Are you always like this?” I asked and he smiled.

“I am, yes” He seemed nice. Despite his ‘bad boy’ looks. And friends. And I don’t know why, I gave up and followed him. Why couldn’t I just walk away? I knew I would regret it later.

We talked a little while we were heading to his locker. He told me this was his second year of college and a bit more about himself. We reached it and he handed me a black hoodie with ‘Hurley’ written on it. I thanked him and walked to the toilet to get changed. By the time I was ready, it was time to go to class.

The first two hours went by pretty fast. I enjoyed art more than others subjets and it made my mood a lot better.

I unlock the front door of Mollie’s and mine apartment. I found her sitting on the couch wearing a pink pajama with clouds on it.

“Told you not to wear that dress at the party. See? You caught a cold” I slightly laughed.

“Yeah mom, you were right” Mollie teased. Maybe I was acting a bit like a mother, but that was just me.

“I’m gonna make you a cup of tea” She muttered thank you and I walked into the kitchen.

“Wait, hold up” She shouted. I put the kettle on and looked at her, carrying a blue blanket around her body. “Whose that hoodie and why are you wearing it?” I think I turned paler than I already am.

“It’s Niall’s” I tried to sound casual. Her eyes went big at the moment Niall’s name was pronounced.

“Why did he give you it? I told you not to be near them” She was freaking out. I knew she would.

“Because Harry…”

“Harry?!” She shouted and if it was possible, her eyes went bigger than before. “You met Harry?! He’s fucking not good, Elle! I told you to stay away”

“Calm down, Mollie! I can look after myself, okay? I’m alive, aren’t I?” I took a deep breath and buried my face in my hands. “Just chill. We didn’t really get on very well so he won’t be around. You haven’t got to worry” I tried to speak calmer than before. She was just caring. That was her, my best friend.